s3 e13: "for however long you and our babies need"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ MY HEART IS SO FULL
OF YOU I CAN HARDLY
CALL IT MY OWN ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎
─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───

WEEK TWENTY-SEVEN:
sunday, december 22

"𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬--"

"shhh"

"but it doesn't—"

"shhhhh—hush"

"baby, it's literally a rat" kelsey sighed and pressed the rubber pause button before throwing her arm down with a faux expression of annoyance sent towards her husband.

"my god, jackson. that's the point of the movie, that's the joke, the funny. i can't believe you've never seen this, you had no childhood"

"the joke is that a grown ass man can't cook a simple meal without a rat telling him what to do? that's ridiculous" with her head threw back, eyes closed and with a smile fighting its way to her face, she shook her head.

"you're.....ridiculous"

"no, this movie is ridiculous—look, can we just go back to watching christmas movies?

"no! you wanted to complain that we've watched too many so i changed it, now deal with it" she shot him a look before slowly sliding out of bed, stopping her trek towards the bathroom to turn around and quickly grab the remote before jackson could.

"think you're slick" the words were mumbled with a chuckle under her breath as she shook the remote towards him, quickly walking into the bathroom. gaze focused on the frozen screen ahead of him was soon broken by the sound of his wife's woeful call of his name. tripping over wrinkled sheets hanging off the side of the bed and various fallen snack wrappers delayed him reaching the door sooner, coming face to face with kelsey as soon as he fell against it.

"i'm bleeding" jackson blinked a couple times, mind still rebounding from his small trip seconds prior.

"wh-what?"

"it's not a lot, like the first wi—it's not a lot like the first time with the hematoma but it's still.....i'm scared"

"are you sure it's not just normal spotting?"

"no, it's too much to be spotting and me bleeding at twenty-seven weeks could be a sign of something serious, jackson what if—"

"no, no what if's, we'll go up to the hospital and you can get checked okay? and our babies will be fine"

"jackson you don't know that"

"and you don't know that they aren't" he responded in a low tone to her whisper, hands coming up and holding her face in his palms. "get your stuff okay? i'll call robbins"

☁︎

"breathe, kelsey"

"w-what if it's back? and it's worst than before? what if we lost one of our babies?"

"kelsey—" he started, a breath harshly blowing out as he grasped her hand between both of his. kelsey bit the insides of her cheeks at her husband's state, finally registering the toll her consistent pessimistic comments on their children's livelihood was taking on him.