Part 22

It's has been weeks since you said that you were going to do something different.  But you still had no clue what to do.  You picked out your outfit and everything but you still didn't know who to ask.  Then It came to you.  This person has been with you for some time as well as a good person.  And they would definitely not care if you didn't wear a dress.

"Do you want to go to the yule ball with me" you ask them the next day.

"Sure" they say in response.

You run back to catch up with your friends. All the boys besides James gave you smirk
"Shit they know" you think.

*Later that day*

"Ok I asked someone to the ball" you say in front of all of them at your dorm.

"But who.  Because I didn't see you ask any guy.  But then again what guy would want to go with a girl that doesn't want to wear a dress. I mean in no offense I just don't think a guy would want to go with a girl that would rather wear....sweats or a suit." James tries to defend himself.
"I though you didn't want to wear a dress" this time he muttered but you all still heard.

"She's not wearing a dress you know that right" Peter said.

"Well I mean yeah but then who's going with her" James said.

"Just watch" Sirius says.

"I'm guessing everyone knows but me" James says.

"Pretty much yeah" Remus says smirking.

"But how" he asks.

"We were with her when she asked the person" Sirius said laughing.

"Alright alright now, everyone this is my date to the ball.  Marlene McKinnon" you say.

James's jaw drops when Marlene walks in.

"I think they know who I am love" she says.

"Wait what" James says questioning.

"Yes" you ask smirking.

"But thats a girl.....you asked a girl to the ball" James asks.

"Yes" you say bluntly.

"But um- wow you really did not want to wear a dress" James says.

"It wasn't just that though" Marlene says.

"What do you mean" James says.

"I actually like Marlene she's a nice girl" you say.

"Huh. Wow.  Ok.  Um uh." James tries to say.

"Well I see you have your hands full with....him.  I'll go now.  See you later darling" Marlene says to you then gives you a kiss on the forehead.

"Wow sis. Didn't know you had it in you to finally ask" Remus says.

"Oh buzz off you git" you respond with.

"So what do you plan on wearing" Peter says.

"Well you'll see later won't you" you say giving them a smirk.

You walk over to your bed and grab some clothes and a towel.

"Imma take a shower seeya losers" you say and go to the bathroom.

Once your inside the bathroom and the waters on James turns to the other boys.

"A girl?" He questions.

"Yeah did you not know" Peter says.

"Know what" James says.

"That Y/n has always liked both males and females" Remus says.

"Well how was I supposed to know that" James asks.

"Have you not seen the amount of girls she's flirted with.  It was just as bad as me before I started to date Remus here" Sirius says patting Remus on the back.

"I guess I never noticed" James says.

"Probably because at that time you were to busy trying to catch Lily's attention and not my sister's" Remus said.

James knew he was right.  James thought his chance with you was to late.  But he still wanted to be with you.  No matter the cost.