Part 24

It was finally the day of the yule ball.  You had figured out that of course Remus and Sirius were going together and Peter and James had no one to go with.  You were getting ready doing your hair and makeup while the other boys were behind you watching in amazement.

"Can you do my hair and makeup too y/n" Sirius asks.

"Wait Sirius why makeup" Remus asks.

"You'll see" he says smirking.

"Sure Pads just come and sit here" you say and stand up.

You put his hair into a french braid and do some normal neutral makeup on him.

Once the boys and you get into your suits you all leave.  Sirius was still getting ready.  You guys walk to the great hall.  James and Peter already go in but you and your brother were waiting at the bottom of the stairs for your dates.

"I'm nervous" Remus says.

"Why your dating the boy." You say laughing.

"I know but it's just that- I don't know I'm just nervous that he won't have fun tonight" Remus says looking at the ground.

"Trust me he will have fun especially with his outfit" you say.  Remus was about to say something till he saw Marlene and Sirius come down the stairs.  Both in very beautiful dresses that fit them and their shape perfectly. You look over to see your brother in awe of his boyfriend.

"Well you two look absolutely ravishing" you say giving them both a wink.

"Well shall we go my lady" you say to Marlene.  She nods and takes your arm.  Before you leave you send Remus a wink. 

You walk inside the great hall to see snow falling from the ceiling and white trees scattered all across the room. You look at it in awe.  You find Peter and James standing by the drinks so you walk over them.

"So what shall we do now" I asked them.

"Dance?" Marlene says.

"Sure let's go" you say grabbing her hand and taking her to the dance floor.

Remus and Sirius come up to the other boys.

"You should have asked her when you had the chance" Remus says to James.

"I know but what if she doesn't want me" he says.

"Prongs I live with that girl, she may not seem it but she likes you.  She even told me" Remus says.

"Hmm well shes having a good time, we should just leave it alone.  I like the dress Sirius" James says looking at Sirius.

"Thank you, Y/n picked it out" he said and did a little twirl.  Everyone laughed then Remus and Sirius broke off to dance.

You and Marlene then come back.

"Peter come on I'm dancing with you for a moment" you say and grab his arm and lead him out.

"How about we share a dance while they go off and dance" Marlene suggests.

"Sure" James says shyly.

They walk out to the floor and start to dance.

"I know you like her.  I can see it on your face and the way you look at her" Marlene says.

"I don't know what you mean" James says shaking his head.

"Oh but you do.  You may hide it and so may she but I can see that there is love between the two of you" she says.

Then you and Peter come back.

"Peter care to dance" Marlene says.

He nods and walks off with Marlene.

"Care to dance then or will you not because I'm not wearing a dress" you say to him

"Sure let's dance" he says then takes you hand and walks out with you.

You guys dance for a minute in silence just looking at each other. 

"Y/n.." James broke the silence

"Yes James" you say.

"Would you like to go to hogsmeade with me" he asks looking at his feet.

"I thought I told you to say that to the girl you-" you try to say before he looks up at you again "-oh" you finish.

He breaks away from the dance

"I'm sorry. I know that- that you don't fancy me so I'm sorry to make you uncomfortable" he says then walks away.  You stand there for a minute in complete shock.