💙Okay To Break The Rules💚

Harry's sitting at the dining table, sipping on a cup of tea when the front door opens.

"Babies, I'm home!" Comes Silvia's cheery voice, making the boy feel slightly better already. It was rare for Silvia to be in a good mood after a tiring day at work. "Where's everyone? Mommy's bearing gifts!" Harry hears before the sound of his mother's light footsteps.

"In here, mom.." Harry manages to speak out tiredly, feeling drained by all the crying he's done.

"Well, you were supposed to tell me that before I'm already in here." Silvia says with a light chuckle. She places the bags she's been holding on the table and sits down beside her son.

"Tea?" Harry ask, still looking at his cup with gloomy eyes.

"Yes, please."

He gets up and gets a cup full of tea for his mother before taking his seat again.

"Thanks, love." Silvia smiles. After taking a few sips, she speaks up again. "You okay, sweetie?"

Those words themselves makes Harry want to cry all over again.

"Don't want to talk about it." He says, laying his head on her shoulder. He hasn't done this years, it felt good. To know you have a shoulder to cry on. "Tell me about you." He whispers. "You seem really happy."

"Well.." Silvia starts and Harry could hear the cheery voice that's returned. "I've met this guy..."

"Really?" Asks Harry, now sitting up straight and looking at his mom who has a slight blush on her cheeks. He gives her a soft smile. At least someone in this house has a good love life. "I'm really happy for you."

"Really?" Silvia asks excitedly.

"Yeah." The boy nods. "You've been taking care of everyone, now it's time to let someone else take care of you." He pats her cheek with a smile.

"Thank you, Harry." Says the mother, getting teary eyed. "I wish I was this supportive when you..."

"It's okay." Harry reassures. "You're proving yourself to be an amazing mom now and that's what matters." He points out. "So..?" He begins with a teasing smile. "Who is he? And when are we meeting him?" He asks, wriggling his eyebrows, making Silvia let out a laugh.

"You've met him. His name's Andrew." She says biting on her bottom lip as Harry tries to remember the man.

"Oh! That Andr- wait.... Mom!" Harry screeches, realizing whom his mother was talking about.

"Yeah.." Silvia whispers, looking away.

"He's your boss though." He says calmly.

"I know.. but it's not illegal in UK.."

"But it's Illegal according to your company policy. They forbid in-work relationships, don't they? I did an internship there and I remember getting in trouble for flirting with the receptionist."

"Why would you flirt with the receptionist?" Silvia raises an eyebrow.

"That's not the point!" Harry glares.

"I know, I know, okay!" The woman puts her hands up in defense. "But like, you can't choose who you love. Being a member of the LGBTQ community, you say this phrase the most, so you should understand this better." She says and Harry just stares at her without reacting. "I tried okay?" She whispers, looking down at the cup. "I tried to not let this happen, I tried to fight it, but in the end I had to give in. That's how love works, you can't control that bitch."

"I guess.." Harry sigh and Silvia looks up with a slight smile. "but sometimes you gotta try harder, especially when the rules forbid you from having the person." He continues.