💙 You're My Home💚

Harry pushes the knot of Louis' blue tie until it fits around the collar of his white shirt perfectly. He smoothens the blue suit jacket before turning Louis around so he could see himself in the mirror of the dressing table in Louis' bedroom. Harry tilts his head as he takes in Louis' full appearance through the mirror, making the smaller boy blush.

"My my! Aren't you a prince?" The taller boy admires from behind him. Louis feels his cheeks burning and he looks down on the floor.

"Do you see a crown?" He asks in a whisper, clearly refusing to believe Harry's words. In seconds he feels Harry's arms wrap around him, one holding his waist while other around his chest. Harry brings his two fingers under Louis' chin and pushes it up, his own chin resting on the smaller boys shoulder.

"Keep your head up, love. " Harry says. "Don't look away." He whispers, making Louis raise his eyes to look back up into the mirror. "Some princes don't need a crown."

"Why do you always say such stuff?" Louis questions. "Like-" he hesitates, but never loses Harry's attention. "Like... Like I'm the most important person in the world.." he finally let's out, feeling vulnerable and overwhelmed.

"You're the most important person my world." Harry whispers, nuzzling into Louis' neck. And that is it. That is all it takes for everything in Louis to break loose. He brings both his hands up to his face in hopes of taming the tears, but they won't stop.

"Boo? You okay?" Harry asks, concerned as he holds the boy tighter. With his hands still covering his face, Louis turns around in the older boy's arms before uncovering his face only to hide it against Harry's chest.

"My mum always told me that sometimes people cry for reasons that are not certainly sad or upsetting. I never understood it. Never until now." He cries, clutching on Harry's gray dress shirt. "When she left my side, I never thought I'd find a home again, but here I am, realising I actually found it. It was never the Abby or the orphanage. It's not even this town or this house or even this room. It's you. This is where I belong, where I'm supposed to be, where I am safe. Right here, in your arms, right against your heart. You're my home." Harry almost gasps at the words, he starts tearing up as he takes in every word that Louis says. "You aren't wrong when you say I'm like a baby. I feel safe hearing your heart beat, like a child who lives in it's mother's womb only hearing that. That's why it's at most ease and feels safe when it's around the mother, since it can hear the heart that keeps it safe. I am that baby who needs to hear that heart beat to feel safe and it's your heart for me."

Why are they doing this now? Harry wonders. They are supposed to leave the house in thirty minutes to reach the event on time, yet, here they are, crying into each other's arms, for the sole reason that that's where they belong.

"Are you trying to say that I'm your mother?" Harry jokes instead. He decides against saying what he feels. It would take an eternity for him to put it all into words anyway, and he'll be crying through half of it. "Hehhh... I don't remember giving birth to you..."

"Enfoiré..." Louis mumbles against his chest, a gentle, content smile spread on his lips.

"But if it's true either way, I'll take good care of you, my child. I'm sure I can feed you enough milk, I've got four ti-"

Louis clings to his lips for a desperate kiss, bringing his hands up to hold Harry's face. Harry kisses back just as forcefully, fighting Louis' tongue, loving the taste of it. When they pull back, breathing heavily into each other's face, their foreheads touching, louis breaks into another set of tears.

"I love you. I love you. I love you! I love you so fucking much!" He cries as Harry watches with glossy eyes before forcing his mouth back on Louis', pushing the boy against the dressing table, causing him to sit on it while they kiss with Louis' head tilted fully up and Harry bent a lot lower due to the height difference.