Twenty-Five💜

I stood at the two-way mirror in awe of Violet

I stood at the two-way mirror in awe of Violet. She got Quincy to answer all kinds of questions.

When she walked out I smiled at her. "That was awesome and he sang like a canary." I laughed.

"He sure did. He seems like a good kid who listened to the wrong people. But giving us Rico Valentine's boss name was huge!" She said.

"Let's go look that name up while he's processed and released," I said.

"Andy Mead. Never heard of the guy but he's supplying. Hopefully, that pier where Quincy said we could find him we can spot him out." She said.

We sit down and tried to look him up but nothing. "Hmm, maybe he's an overseas supplier," I said.

Clint said he would finish Quincy's release and we headed to the car to go down to pier 27. We already know 24 is where we saw Valentine and Rob.

"These big wigs come here and push the product to small potatoes like Valentine and they don't make half the money that this Mead is," I said.

"I wish we would have got something on Mead." She said.

"That was good work back there with Quincy V. I figured he would talk because he was scared," I said.

"Yeah, I didn't have to say much after I told him he was in a lot of trouble. I bet he doesn't help Rob out again." She said.

We pull up at the pier and cut the lights off so we aren't spotted. We see a few guys moving around but they aren't doing anything.

She looks through the binoculars and doesn't recognize any of the men. She hands them over to me and I don't recognize any of them either.

"Try and take some pics V and maybe we can come up with something," I said.

We duck down when we see them walking up the pier. We don't bump heads this time but I manage to get the window cracked.

"Yeah, the boss said to make sure this gets delivered to the warehouse tomorrow night by midnight." He said then got in a car and left.

"Bingo! Well we won't be working tomorrow night but another shift can do the bust and maybe we will catch this Andy guy." I said.

"Let's get back to the station and get this all ready for tomorrow night." She smiled.

I wanted to lean over and kiss her but I didn't because well we are on the job and for right now I don't want to blur the lines.

We get back to the station and fill the Chief in and get reports wrote up and head out for the morning.

We end up at Denny's again and get breakfast before getting some sleep. I should probably drop her off and go home but I'll wait and see what she wants to do.

As we go to leave that same nice guy was in there and he waved at us. I dip my head at him and head for the car.

"I'm so sleepy." She yawns.

"I should probably go home," I said.

She looked over at me. "But I thought we were going to spend time together?"

"We can when we wake up." I smile at her.

"Do you have to go to Coop?" She poked out her bottom lip.

"Not with a face like that I can't." I laugh.

"Good." She giggles and buckles her seatbelt.

I drive us back to Violet's house and there is a car sitting in the driveway. She yawns and notices it and looks over at me.  "It's my mom."

We get out and she gets out of the mini cooper. "Morning guys! I wanted to stop by and see my girl and bring some food." She said.

"Hi, mom come on in," V said.

"Hi, Mrs. Reece." I smiled.

"Oh, honey call me Avah!" She smiled.

"What did you bring mom?" She asked.

"Gravy, biscuits, fried potatoes, sausage, and bacon." She smiled.

"Well we just came from Denny's so we are full but we can have it for dinner." She smiled.

"Don't forget about the cookout tomorrow. Come anytime you want but it starts around 2. Cooper, please come." Avah smiled.

"Thank you for the invite." I smiled.

"Well, I know you kids are tired I'm going to head to work... Bye guys!" She winks and heads out the door.

"Your mom is so cool." I laughed.

"She winked she thinks we are going upstairs to sleep together and she will tell everyone. Oh my god!" V laughed.

We walk upstairs to the room he slept in and I plop down on the bed. "You know I was thinking... What if Andrew the nice man that paid for our breakfast is Andy?" She said.

"I turn around and look at her. "What if he is and he bought our breakfast as a distraction or to get on our good side?" I said.

"We will have to ask that waitress at Denny's if she knows anything about him tomorrow while we are off duty," I said grabbing clothes to change into.

"Oh, we have to find out. I'll be back I'm going to go change too." She said.

I shake my head going into the bathroom. What are you doing here again tonight? You should be at home. But you can't stay away from her, can you?

I walk back into the bedroom and she's sitting on the bed looking at her nails. She's a tough cop but her nails are always glittery.

"I think you may be on to something V. We need to find out anything they know about Andrew at Denny's before the cookout," I said.

"Did you set the alarm?" She asked.

"I can't remember let me go check," I said running down the steps to see it's armed. I head back up to the bedroom and V was asleep under my covers.

I smile and walk over and join her in bed pulling her small body into mine.