Thirty-Seven💜

We didn't just take a shower and damn I'm not sure what I brought out in her but I need more

I place my hand on her leg and squeeze as we pull up at Denny's.

"Let's go sit down and eat something and talk to Karen in case he would be in there." She said.

"Alright let's go." I cut the car off and follow her into the building. We saw Karen right away and she motioned for a table in her area.

When she walked over to take our order V talked to her about Andrew. She put her number in Karen's phone and told her to text her when he comes in.

"But please Karen just keep this between us ok?" I said.

"You got it. Anything I can do to help. Let me go get your orders in." She smiled.

I reach across the tables for her hands and she smiled and locked her fingers in mine. I looked up and saw her dad walk in. He smiled and walked over.

"Morning guys!" Levi smiled.

"Hey, dad! I was going to call you. I need you to repair a window for me." She said scooting over so he could sit down.

"What happened munchkin?" He asked.

She looked at me and I spoke up. "We had an incident that we can't really talk about work-wise but someone threw a rock through her living room window last night," I said.

"Fuck but you guys are ok?" He asked.

"We are fine dad. Coop was with me and they put a cop on the house last night." She said.

"Well I'll grab Larry and we will go over and fix it this morning. You guys work tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah, we do. We will need to nap before work but you can come over anytime you want." She said.

Karen walked back over with food. Mr. Reece, what can I get you?" She asked looking at us.

"Karen this is my dad." V laughed.

"I was trying to figure it out." She laughed.

"I'll have a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin please," Levi said.

When she walked away V looks at her dad. "We had dinner here with grandpa Davis last night."

"You did? Wow." Levi said.

"He wants to make it a weekly thing with me and Coop." She said.

"He really connects with me," I said.

"I'm happy guys really just shocked because I just can't connect with him anymore and neither can Gray. If Remi isn't around no one talks." Levi said.

"I think he's really grieving still over your mom," I said.

"Dad he goes to the graveyard every day," V said.

"I didn't know that. I bet that doesn't go over well with Diane." He said.

"She was at a book club thing." V laughs biting her bacon.

Karen returned with Levi's order. We stayed and talked until he finished his meal. I paid for our meals and Levi walked us out.

"I'll be over soon and we will try and be quiet. Did you leave the alarm the same numbers?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's the same dad." She said hugging him.

We got in the car and headed back to her house. "I'm glad your dad is going to fix the window," I said.

"Me too. Maybe we can go back to sleep. I need to ask Clint about bringing his kids to the party. Don't let me forget Coop." She said.

"I won't forget because Wyatt wants me to come." I smile following her into the house. I set the alarm and follow her up to the bedroom.

"I'm tired I think I could sleep more." She yawned.

"Do you think I should sleep in that other room with your dad coming V?"

"No I mean he saw us holding hands across the table and he didn't say anything. I'm a grown-ass woman he can't tell me what to do." She smiled.

"I have a feeling that he never could tell you what to do you little sassy thing." I laugh stripping down to my boxers.

She put on her PJ shorts and a tank top and got in bed. "Seriously I was a great kid. I just have an attitude now." She snorted.

"I like you just the way you are V." I smiled pulling her close to me. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her lips.

"I really like you too and I feel safer with you here with me. Why don't you just move in?" She asked.

"Are you sure? I mean you will get tired of me with us always together?" I ask.

"I don't think so, Coop. I really like you and you do spend most of your time here anyway and I have lots of room." She said kissing my chest.

"I like the sound of that but I need to think about it. I like being here with you but if I decide to I need a way to pay you for something." I said.

"We can arrange for you to help with bills that wouldn't be any prob Coop. It's just a suggestion or we can keep on like we are but I really like you and want you here with me." She said.

"I like being with you too V. I would have you naked under me if I knew your dad wasn't coming." I laugh.

"Yeah I'm still his baby girl and he may would hurt you for that." She laughs.

"Let's sleep we have a big night ahead of us I'm pretty sure," I said.

"I think so too.." She kisses me and cuddles down into my chest.

I kiss the top of her head and close my eyes.

When the alarm goes off at 8 pm I open my eyes and yawn. I slept pretty well and I think V did too. She's still asleep on my chest.

I kiss the top of her head. "V we gotta get up for work," I said as she opens her eyes and looks up at me, and smiles.

"I'm ready." She smiled.