Thirty-Four💜

Once the evening hit we got ready to head to the graveyard

Once the evening hit we got ready to head to the graveyard. I went to get the teddy bear from sitting in the sun and Coop is ready to go.

We get in his truck and I hold the teddy all the way to the graveyard and it's glowing pink and I love it.

"You look beautiful with that pink glow around your face V." He smiled.

"Thanks, I was just thinking of Julia and how much I hope she would love it. I want to see a picture of her if you have it." I said.

"I'll show you when we get there. I have a couple in my wallet." He said.

We pull up and he cuts off the ignition and pulls out his wallet and hands me a couple of pictures.

"She's almost how I pictured her. She was beautiful Coop. You guys look a lot alike." I said.

"Everyone said that. We look like my dad and his family." He said.

We get out of the truck and walk up the big hill to her grave. I'm holding the bear and Coop is holding onto me.

We reach the grave and I wipe the grave off again and start setting the teddy bear up and fixing it so it won't come off the grave.

"We are back Julia! I hope you like pink because this glowing pink teddy bear is so cute." I said.

"Let's take a pic of it V.," He said.

"Come get in the pic let's take one together and then a few more you can send to your mom," I said.

Once finished we look at the pics and sit on the grave and just talked. "Julia would love this bear and it means so much to me that you bought this for her. V in the short time I've know you I have come to realize I care about you a lot." He said.

I reached over and squeezed his hand. I really care about you too and I'm happy to be here and with Julia. I wish I would have known her. But I'm sure wherever she is that she's happy Coop." I smile at him.

"Come on let's get out of here. I love you, Julia." He said before taking my arm and walking back down the hill.

Once we got down to his truck I saw my grandpa driving up so I waved at him and he stopped.

"Hey, kids what are you doing back here?" He asked.

"Decorating a family member's grave of Coop's. I know why you are here. Take grandma more flowers?" I ask.

"No the ones you put on are pretty I just wanted to stop by before going to Denny's. Would you kids like to join me?" He asked.

I turned and looked at Coop and he smiled and shakes his head. I look back at grandpa. "Sounds good we will follow you there," I said.

Once in the truck, I look at Coop. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry I connect with your grandpa and I do like him V." Coop said.

We pull in at Denny's and head inside. I spot Karen and smile at her. She waves and points to a booth in her area.

"This way grandpa. I know the waitress." I said.

"Hey, guys! Mr. Reece, I didn't know you knew my favorite cops." Karen smiles.

"This is my granddaughter Karen." He said.

"Small world. What can I get you? Your normals?" She asked.

"Sounds great." I smiled.

"So where is Diane grandpa?" I ask.

"She's out to one of those book club things and well you know where I was." He sighed.

"I'm sorry grandpa but we are glad to of ran into you and now we get to have dinner together." I smile.

"I'm glad to be here as well." Coop said.

"Were you on a stakeout or something?" He asked.

Coop spoke up. "We were decorating my sister's grave. Violet bought her a solar teddy bear and we went to put it on."

"I'm sorry for your loss. I take it she liked teddy bears?" Grandpa said.

"She did so I got her a pink one," I said just as the food arrived.

"I'm happy to spend time with you Violet and you too Cooper. You seem like a nice young man."

"Thank you, Davis. I'm the lucky one to spend time with Violet here and you to of course." He smiled.

"Coop look who just walked in the door," I said just as Andrew sit on a stool at the counter.

Grandpa turned around and looked in that direction but he had no idea what was going on.

"Sorry, grandpa detective work keeps going even when your off duty." I smile.

"Don't let me stop you." He grinned.

"I think we should just watch him for now and see if he comes over or pays for our food again." Coop said.

We laughed and joked with grandpa while keeping our eyes on the enemy.

"I've really enjoyed this meal guys. It means a lot to me that you would eat with me." Grandpa said.

That made me really sad. "Grandpa We are usually off on Sundays maybe we can make this a weekly thing if you want. We could try and plan to make sure our schedules don't change." I said.

"I would love that so much." He smiled.

"Sounds good to me too." Coop said.

"Grandpa I want you to go ahead and leave. Don't kiss me or anything because that guy may be watching. Text me when you get home ok?" I said.

"Here let me pay my half before I go." He said.

"No, we got it Davis now you head on out. Coop said.

"Alright see you kids on Sunday." He smiled and headed out to his car. I watched Andrew but he didn't even look up when Grandpa left.

"I think you made him very happy V. Your grandpa just misses you." He said.

"I never realized it until you pointed it out, Coop," I said.

"Let's get the check and bounce." He winked at me.

"Yeah let's," I said motioning Karen over.