S-L 11

Ch. 11

Nika p.o.v

Following the clouds took some relief from my shoulders. Its not that I'm stressed, I'm just a little out of it. My mind kept drifting off.

It would be on what's going to happen if I keep going, to what's Lizzy doing? It could at times drift to my weapons. It would run off and then I'd have to force myself to focus again.

I wanted peace but it wouldn't come. If I was to go into a fight like this then I would be injured. The possibility of getting killed is high as well.

I stopped running and looked around. It's seems that I've made it deep into south territory. I don't have too much to worry about. I stay to myself when over here. That doesn't mean I'm not known.

The gang leader of Scorpio, Taylor, is alright with me. He only runs a small gang but their highly respected. The man is in his 20's last I checked. He one of the last rare red heads. Something he wouldn't want to change.

I decided to make my way to his place. Like all others it was nearly to ruins. Yet he still lives inside after so many years.

The moon is full tonight, that means their hunting. That's also why their numbers are so little. They like to eat what they can find, even kin. Most consider then wild, and inhuman.

I moved slowly and carefully so I can know if something was going to jump out. It has happened a few times. More then once it was them mistaking me for lunch.

"Nika, is that you?" I heard a faint voice call out.

I was only a few feet from their place. I didn't think they would be this close hunting. My ears flickered at the sounds around me. It's dangerous being around a Scorpion when they are on the hunt.

"That's me, who's there?" I asked keeping my eyes open.

A small figure came out of the shadows. "It's me, Jake."

I relaxed a little bit. Jake is Taylor's little brother. He's on the thin side with long brown hair. His dark brown eyes are always following me when I come. He should be 17 now. I once caught him playing with one of my blades.

"Hey Jake, you know your not supposed to be far from the house." I told him helping him up.

He pouted and pulled away from me. "Taylor keeps treating me like a child. I was rejected from going on the hunt again."

Taylor also has a serious brother complex.

"It's for your safely. Where is he anyway?" I asked as I started walking again.

Jake fell in step beside me. "Last I saw inside the eating room."

I let him take the lead so the others that were still there knew I was no harm. I never felt the needs make myself known over here. When we reached the hallway to the eating room, we could hear a fuss.

"Bullshit! admit it, you ate my share!"

"Just wait for the next to come in."

"But I only eat the-"

"I don't give a shit what you eat! Now go back to your post!" I heard the strong voice of Taylor yell out.

"He's always taking others share." Jake said before we stepped in the eating room.

Walking inside I was greeted with blood. The smell and sight wasn't surprising. Limbs of animals and humans alike were in a pile by a wall. It's the leftovers that they'll eat tomorrow.

"Ah! Nika! I've missed you." Taylor said getting out of his seat.

"It's hard to believe that." I told him avoiding being touch.