S-L 9

Ch.9

           Nika p.o.v

I woke up feeling a soft pressure on my head. It went away before coming back fast. I let it be since I detected no threat.

"Nika, please wake up. You scaring the poor girl." A deep smooth voice said from my right.

I opened my eyes at that voice. The first thing I noticed was the red walls. The color was surprisingly soothing. The next thing I noticed was the bed I was in.

I turned my eyes to the right. Chale was standing beside the bed I was in. He had a warm rag that he was dabbing my head with.

I licked my lips. "Where is she?"

"In the other room, I have her reading to distract her. She still needs to work-"

"She's learning." I said cutting him off defending her. "How long was I asleep?"

"A few hours."

I sighed pushing his hand away. I shifted my body to the side a bit to take pressure off my tail. I let it lay flat beside me. I closed my eyes letting the quietness relax me.

It didn't take long for me to feel Chale's gaze on me. It was unwavering, and that unnerved me. My tail started flicking showing my irritation.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked Chale frowning opening my eyes to see him.

"You looked at peace, I apologize for ruining that moment." He said then started for the door.

I sat up fast to stop him. For some reason I didn't want him to leave. It was like I needed him in my sight at all times. The feeling made me angry, I didn't know where it was coming from.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Out for a bit." He said not stopping in his tracks.

"When are you coming back?"

For that question he stopped walking. "Why do you need to know that Nika? Ever since the other night you've asked questions. Do you not wish to be alone? Are you afraid that Joker will come and claim his pet?"

I hissed at him getting out of the bed. "Watch your mouth or I'll rip your throat out."

He turned to me with a steel face. "I'm just asking what's on my mind. You do not like my questions yet you ask yours so freely. I will return before the next moonrise." He turned back around and left, his steps not making a sound.

I clenched my fist tightly. The guts he has to say that to me. I don't need him in my sight. I'm not worried about Joker. That idiot doesn't know what he's talking about.

I made my way to the door. Opening it I could see Lizzy sitting in a chair reading. She looked so comfortable sitting in something that was so rare now. I'm not sure if she's ever had these luxurious things around her.

"Lizzy." I called out to her.

She snapped her head up at the sound of my voice. She sat the book aside that I could see was a children's book. She rushed over to me throwing herself at me. I hugged her just as tight as she hugged me.

"Mmmm mmhhhmmm mmm!!" She was trying to tell me something.

I pulled back and looked at her worried. When I saw her smile with tears I just smiled. She might have be saying how she missed me or was glad I'm alright.

"I missed you too. You don't know how worried I was when I saw you with those bruises." I told her pushing some of her hair out of her eyes.

She just smiled bigger before stepping back. I watched her flex her muscle before laughing a little.