S-L 4

Ch.4

           Nika p.o.v

I sat Lizzy down as soon as I got home. Making sure she was warm and comfortable. The events of the last few hours finally caught up with me. I went to the wall and slid down it. Putting my weapons beside me I leaned my head back.

As much as I wanted the thoughts to stop they wouldn't. All of them about that creature. The Boss as they call him. Is he alright? Was he hurt, if so how bad? Was he the target in all this? How many lives were lost? So many thoughts, yet I couldn't stop them.

I finally let my eyes shut themselves. Sleep came quickly and I didn't fight it. When I did wake up again I grabbed my knife and hissed at the blurry sight before me. I blinked a couple times to clear my eyesight. Lizzy backed up a couple steps and stood still.

I quickly dropped my knife and took a breathe. I looked at her and she looks better then she did a day ago. She sent me a smile and I waved her off. 

"Don't get sick again." I told her halfheartedly.

She nodded at me and crossed her heart. I huffed and shook my head at myself. I stood and lead the way down stairs. I'm sure she's hungry and now that I think about it, so am I. Moving down the stairs they creaked from old age. I paid no mind and went to the kitchen.

The cabinets had just enough food to fill her up. I gave her two meat cans and a fruit can. I found a good bottle of water in the hiding place and let her have it. She tried to offer me one of the cans but I declined. After searching for another fruit can I sat next to her at the table.

We ate in silence until Lizzy jumped up. I went on guard as I looked at her in confusion. She stood still for a second before huffing. She looked at me with a pout before crossing her legs and running up stairs. I thought for a second before cursing. She just came on her period.

I pushed my can aside before going up stairs. Going to my chest I picked out my chains. Before going down stairs I stopped by the bathroom hearing Lizzy inside.

"Lizzy I'm going to get fresh water again. I might be gone longer since were not as close. You know the rules and what to do." I said wrapping my chains around my hands.

"Mmhhmmm." She replied.

I turned and started to head out. When I left the house I shuddered. I hate it when she has her time of the month. She become a little like me. And if you know me, you'd know that's not good. I shook my head out and started running.

Feeling the wind that whipped past me was nice. Most of the world was blocked out by the rushing sounds. The dull colors mixed and actually looked like a new light. This is another reason I like to walk. Running gives me a false hope for this world. It was dead, no life left.

While running something caught my attention. I halted in my steps and looked back. A quick moving shadow passed going behind a wall. I felt my skin get covered in goosebumps. I paid it no mind as I went towards it. I held my chains tight as I walked with light steps. Turning the corner I held back my surprise. Looks like he is make it out.

"Why are you out here without protection?" I asked the Boss who was facing away from me.

"I tend to not need it much." He said cooly before starting to walk again.

I made a quick decision and followed him. "It isn't safe out here. Bad people walk the streets around this time."

"People like you?" He said making me frown.

"There are no people like me."

"That's true, you're one of a kind." He said before turning a corner.