S.L 2

Ch.2

Nika p.o.v

Blood scattered across my shirt as I took down the last guy. There were three of them together. They dared to try and touch a young girl. Not just any girl but Lizzy. I was beyond angry. I tried to calm myself with deep breaths but they weren't working.

Shaking hands wrapped around my waist. I looked down and saw how tight she was holding me. I placed my hand on her's and turned around in her arms. I pulled her into a hug and held her as she shook.

In the end I decided to carry her home. She was shaking way to much to walk. When I was walking through the empty streets I had a feeling I was being watched. I tightened my grip on Lizzy as I kept walking. When the house came in view I sighed.

They broke in and broke the door apart. I could tell from here that everything inside was a mess. I went inside to my room to get my fur coat. It was getting cold and Lizzy would need to wrap up. I saw my chest was untouched and was relieved about that. I carefully put Lizzy on her feet. I got the coat and wrapped it around her.

"Can you help me carry some weapons to the next house?" I asked her softly.

She looked at me with red eyes and nodded. I went to the chest and opened it. Pulling out light knives and grenades I strapped them in the coat on her. I put the guns on me and heaver weapons. Holding my sword in one of my hands I grabbed hers with my other one.

I stopped by the kitchen just to see if there was any food left. It was all smashed and wasted. I got the water that was hidden and we made our way out. Just like I thought it would, the winds started to pick up. Lizzy moved closer to my side as we walked.

I could stand the cold for almost two hours but any longer and it'll start eating at me. I moved quickly for not only my sake but also for Lizzy. We had to keep stopping so she could catch her breath that the wind stole.

I wasn't really paying attention to which house I was going to. I just knew we had to move. When the next house came in view I was relieved. The temperature was dropping by the second. I pulled Lizzy's hand to get there quicker.

When we reached the house I made sure the door was secured. I looked at Lizzy and saw her teeth chattering. She was shaking more from the cold now. I decided to set up a fire for us. First I grabbed Lizzy's hand and took her to my room.

When I entered I had a chance to look around. The black sun on my wall meant it was the house on the west side. I huffed but put it aside for now. I started to take the weapons off of Lizzy first. I set them all on the floor for now. I rewrapped the coat around her and moved her to the back room.

I usually don't come to this house. The clouds never moved west much. I have less trouble over here since I'm not really seen. The house is a two floor one. Just like the other house it's lived through the war. It's not in the best shape but it'll do.

It has three rooms that I will put to use now. The front room is my own and for my weapons now. The room next to mine will become Lizzy's room. The back room will be used for fires. There's a whole in the roof just big enough for the smoke to go out of.

I went to the back room and went through the junk there. Just my luck I found a pair of matches. There are nine good sticks left so I better make them count. I gathered up some old wood and paper. Putting it under the hole I put them in a pile. I lit the match and dropped it in the pile.

"Lizzy come here!" I called to her.

She came from the other room still shaking. I pulled her next to me and hugged her. I'm hoping that some of my little body heat will help her. My tail wrapped around her and she giggled at me. I sighed and let the warmth of the fire and Lizzy surround me.