S-L 8

Ch.8

Nika p.o.v

I looked over at Lizzy while Joker and his goon was distracted. The blade by her neck was hanging loosely by her shoulder. I turned my eyes back over to Chale as he stood in the doorway.

"Who the hell are you." Joker growled out angered at being interrupted.

Chale shifted his eyes to me. For a moment his eyes seemed to flicker a terrifying red. It was gone just as fast leaving me questioning if I really saw it.

"Why are you touching him?" He said calmly to Joker removing his attention from me.

"Because I have a right too. I suggest you leave before I end you." Joker said standing off of me and the bed.

I pushed myself on my elbows as I looked between them.

"I suggest, that you remove yourself from this room. If you do not wish to do so I will help. I do not like repeating myself for anyone." Chale said.

I looked at Joker and he didn't like what he was hearing. "Are you threatening me? Do you know who I am?!" He shouted angrily.

Just like before when Chale and I was in the room together all I could detect was a shift in the wind. I heard nothing, saw nothing. Before anyone could react Chale had Joker by the throat.

"Do you know who I am?" Chale asked finally loosing his cool.

I took the chance to jump off the bed and go towards Lizzy. While the guy was distracted I punched him before pulling Lizzys body towards me. I grabbed to knife after he dropped it and held it up towards him.

"What the hell are you?" I heard Joker say with a struggle.

I looked behind me at them. I could only see Chales back and Joker red face. For a moment Chale didn't move. Then I watched as he leans in close to Joker's ear. Even if I could hear great, he spoke to low even for me.

It was interesting to watch Joker's face go from confused to sheet white afraid. Chale pulled back and Joker's eyes rolled in the back of his head. Chale released him, letting his body drop.

I looked back in front of me to see the guy gone. He must've ran when I wasn't looking. I put my attention on Lizzy. She was still sleeping and didn't have any head wounds. I let my heart and mind go to ease.

"Nika, are you ready to go." The deep, calm voice of Chale asked me.

I sat there holding Lizzy close to me. "How did you find us?

"You must read the whole book carefully. I can't explain everything, even if I wished I could. Now please, come with me. I must get you both treated."

I looked back at him to see his hand out for me. I wiped my face of the now drying tears. I moved Lizzy towards him and watched as he carefully picked her up. I followed as he walked ahead.

---

By time we reached his home a new night had started. Thoughts about what could've happened if Chale didn't come passed through my head.

I looked over at Lizzy as she laid on the couch. She did wake up on the way over. She panicked before I calmed her down. After she was fed and looked after I put her back to sleep. She needed her rest after going through an attack like that.

"Nika?" Chale said from the doorway getting my attention. "Are you better now?"

I nodded turning away from him. I walked over to the bookshelf. I traced the old covers slowly looking over the names.

"Do you wish to see more books?" Chale asked from behind me.

I wasn't even surprised to not hear him walk up behind me anymore. "I was only looking." I said pulling my hand back.

"It alright, here this one is a good book." He said reaching over me to a high shelf.

He pulled down a red rusted color old book. The title said Twined Together in gold. He handed it to me and I ran my fingers over the writing.

"Whats it about?" I asked flipping the pages over.

"You must read to find out. I don't want to spoil the story for you. Will you be resting here tonight?" Chale asked moving away from me.

I looked at him over my shoulder. He was walking towards the elevator. I put the book on the table as I watched him.

"I might but, where are you going?"

"I have things I must attend to." He said stepping into the elevator.

"Will you be back?" I asked walking closer so he could still see me.

He looked up at me and as the door closed. "I will always be back for you Nika."

I watched the doors closed out of words. I made myself walk to the chair across from Lizzy. I sat down pulling my knees to my chest. The weight of how vonarable I was finally hit me.

I looked around fast before seeing a different door. I ran to it pushing the door open, I was glade to see it was the bathroom. I dropped to my knees over the toilet as it all came up.

My head kept yelling at me. It seemed like a different voice was screaming. It kept yelling that I made a mistake. It kept saying I knew I was supposed to stay with Joker and be claimed his.

After everything was up I fell back. I curled into a ball wrapping my tail around me while my ears flattened. I grabbed my head as I fought against the angry voice. I wanted it to stop fulling my head with lies.

"Your making a mistake! Go back to Joker, he wants you more then anyone else!!" It screamed.

"Stop telling these lies!!"

"Its true. You knew there would be a day when another master came! He can be your new master!"

"He can burn in hell with you!!!" I screamed before becoming enraged.

I clawed at my arms as I hissed at nothing. I hit my head trying to silence the voice. Nothing was working and I was at my limit.

"Nika!!" I heard Chale's voice in the distance. "I leave for ten minutes and your already starting a fight with yourself. Be calm." He told me before a overwhelming calmness rushed through me.

My eyes were heavy as I tried to keep them open. I could make out his figure through my blurry eyes. When his face was inches from mind I noticed he picked me up. His large arms wrapped around me like a safety net.

I smiled a little when I realized the voice had stopped screaming. As I dozed off I couldn't help but noticed the way my tail curled around Chale's arm.