S-L 13

Ch.13

Nika p.o v

I sat on the bed looking at the book that I through on the floor. I wanted it to be vary far from me right now.

I did as I said I would. I read the whole book. The old worn out cover sat laughing at me. I was a fool this whole time.

A light knock came at the door before it was pushed open. Chale came in holding his head down. I didn't dare look at him. I would feel like an even bigger fool.

"I put Lizzy to bed in another room." He said lowly. "Did you read it all?"

My tail flickered at his words in annoyance. "Yes."

"Please, tell me your thoughts."

I lifted my eyes to watch him walk to the end of the bed. "It can't be true."

He only looked at me with a steady gaze. "I stole that from my old master. When he departed to go get me more men to rip up, I broke free and captured that. I would always see him reading it. After I took it and read it, I found out why."

I shook my head at him and got up. "I'm supposed to believe this all isn't real. That from the day I was born until now, has all been fake." I glared at him standing inches apart.

"No. Your supposed to believe this hasn't been real up until you were taken. Do you remember your life before you were changed?" He asked stepping closer.

"I grew up in Mississippi. My mother was a stay at home mom. My father was a retail worker. Most of my family lived up river."

Chale brushed his hand on my cheek making my glare harden. "What's your mother and fathers name?"

I opened my mouth to replay but nothing came out. Nothing even came to mind. My mind was completely empty on names.

I swallowed and back away from him. His hand drooped down to his side and I couldn't help but look at it.

"You were given false memories. Your life, your true life, was taken from you. Both of us were brought here and tested on. You were for sexual studies and I was for war. We don't belong in this world. This cage."

I shook my head and picked up the book. "And this part here? The part about one soul split into two? How is that even possible?"

"I don't know. I have given all I know Nika. I just know that we're connected. In the most impossible way, and forever."

I looked out the open window at the dark sky. It all looked so real. The whole place looked so damn real.

"Nika listen to me. Have you ever gone further than your houses? There are electric wires blind to the eyes. You can't see them until your too late. Its all one big science maze, and we're the rats."

I looked at Chale and held the book to my chest. "So the world isn't dead?"

He sighed and took the book from me. "Its as alive as its ever been. Even the sun still shines."

My head snapped over to look at him. The sun is still real? Its still warm and bright.

"What about the others like Lizzy? Why are they here?"

"Their purpose has yet to be shown. They could be a sort of space feel in or the next victims."

I watched him sat the book down before he turned back to me. His steps were quick and quite like always. He moved towards me and I backed up.

"You said you were a war experiment." I started as he slowed his pace. "What war could they need you to fight?"

Chale only tilted his head as he walked closer. "I don't know."