S-L 7

Ch.7.

        Nika p.o.v

I spent the rest of my time teaching Lizzy as much as I could. She was a fast learner so I didn't mind. Just because she can't talk doesn't mean she couldn't learn to read. When I heard gun shots going off not far from here I sent her to bed.

I looked at the book in my hands with interest. In all my years of learning and training, I've never heard of a demon like this. I'm mean I've never heard of one before but this was crazy. This creature is like a whole new species. Then again, so am I.

I shook my head getting up. I put the book on the old table and made my way to the front door. Grabbing my brass knuckles I left out.

Walking out the door the cool night air hit me. I may have about three hours before the cold comes in. I started walking in any direction.

The quiet streets helped me think clearly. Why would Chale have a book like that? He said to connect it, but to what? He gave me no answers related to him. He keeps telling me "In time I'll know". I don't want to know in time, I want to know now. Just thinking about what he might know makes me angry. He might have all this knowledge about why we was made. He said if he was around to many people he would kill them. I've never had more then six people around me. I know he wasn't made for the things I was made for but he isn't really making it clear as to why he was made.

I stopped walking and held my head. I was catching a headache. So many unsolved problems that just keep adding up. I sighed and looked around. My brows pushed together when I saw I was near the Crew hideout.

I shook my head feeling the chill set in. I guess I'm staying here tonight. I made my way to their secret entrance. Knocking three times then scratching the door I waited.

"I claim this place so go away." A voice said on the other side.

"Its Nika, open the damn door." I said glaring a little at the door.

I listened to the heavy locks being undone. I rolled my eyes when this went on for a second. Once the door was finally open I quickly went in. I paid everyone no mind as I headed straight to Greg's room.

Getting closer I could hear moaning. I rolled my eyes as I opened his door without knocking. Greg had a little blond friend over with big boobs. When he saw me at the door he brushed me off. I left his room crossing his door. I just needed to let him know I was here.

I headed down the hall to an empty room. It took a lot to get Greg to let me sleep here. He was afraid that I'd slit his and his crew throats. I still laugh at the memory.

Finding my room I slipped in shutting the door. The room was a bit small. It had a bed with a dresser that's it. I don't mind, its hard enough trying to find things like this anyway. All factories have been demolished so no new bed anywhere.

I sighed as I sat on the bed taking the weight off my feet. Being with Chale made me feel three times heavier. My tail flickered at the thought of him, I brushed it off.

I laid on the bed keeping everything on. In this place you have to be ready to make a quick escape. I calmed myself as I closed my eyes. My jaw clenched when I realized I was about to have another nightmare.

----------------------

I woke up with a jolt. Seeing movement to my right I swung fast.

My body was covered in sweat. My heart racing. My fist hit my target and they groaned in pain. I quickly got up jumping on then.

"Stop! Stop! Nika its Greg!!" Greg shouted when I pulled my hand back.

I sat on him trying to focused. Out of all people he should know not to come near me when I'm having a nightmare. I growled a little at him as I looked down at him.