S-L 18

Ch.18

     Chale p.o.v

My night vision kicked in when the lights cut off. I blinked getting used to the sudden change. I looked down at Nika seeing that he didn't mind the dark. He actually looked excited.

I didn't want to take the risk of letting him out of my arms right now. If the lights are off then someone cut them off. There's more people here and they're not showing themselves.

I growled lowly at Nika when he started pushing at my chest. His small form shivered as he pressed closer. I ignored his lusty look as I looked for a door that leads to the next room. We needed to keep moving.

I held Nika close as I started moving around the blood covered room. His hands moved through my fur but I ignored him. When I found a new door my hair rose on my neck. I looked down at Nika to see his eyes wasn't showing any threats.

I pulled his hands from my fur and growled at him. His eyes lit up red and orange as he turned to the door. I huffed and rolled my eyes. Of course he was distracted.

I let go of one arm and held on to the other when he tried to step closer to the door. I watched his eyes go full on orange before his ears went back, tail fluffed up, and he hissed. I pulled him away from the door and back the way we came. He clung to my arm tightly slightly digging his claws in.

Whatever is behind that door he can't be around it. As we reached the hall were the vent was at a smell hit me. I knew this smell.

I stopped and sniffed again.

"Fucking joke!" I growled out pulling Nika behind me.

He went without complaining. I focused more on the sound of heavy breathing then Nika low hissing.

My beast started to get wilder the closer this thing came. I made Nika step a few more steps back. The closer it came the more I tensed up. When I could feel the thumping in the floors from its heavy body I crouched low.

Nika screeched when the doors slid open. First came the black fur covered paw. Then the pointy black wolf like ears. I watched it's whole body emerge until I was looking at a green eyed version of my beast. 

"Only me! Me!" I growled out feeling my beast come closer to the surface.

The other beast across from me growled at me. "Joke! You waste!"

He charged at me head on. I pushed Nika back roughly as I charged towards the disgusting creature.

We crashed into each other hard. My nails dug into the floor as I pushed my weight against his. He howled out when I sunk my jaws in his shoulder. His claws dug into my side making me push him back.

I shook the wound off as his toxins started to seep in. I pushed my claws out more before going for his midsection. As my nails dug into his chest and stomach he went for clawing my back up.

I made the mistake of stepping right when he went left which made me fall forwards. He fell past me and out of my sight. I quickly looked for my footing when I hard Nika screech out. Turning fast I saw him crouched low holding his wounded arm.

Instinct told me to protect what's mine. Before even fully turning I was off the ground and tackling the beast. I was seeing red and wanted blood for blood.

Blood from both of us hit the walls and floor. He had a deep gash in his stomach while I had one on my back. Neither of us stopped to take a breath. The first to show weakness would die.

It was when I sidestepped him and he turned the wrong way that I reached for his neck. Holding his neck with one hand I used the other to quickly sink my claws into his jaw. His green eyes went wide just for I ripped his jaw off his face.