S-L 14

Ch. 14

Nika p.o.v

Hollow.

I felt so hollow.

Lizzy, my Lizzy. Gone.

I didn't feel any pain. Not any sadness, or anger. I'm just empty. Nothing could change this feeling inside of me. The feeling of nothing.

I clutched my blade tightly as I walked the silent dark streets. My tail dragging behind me quietly. It's not easy for me to see that even though death is around me that I lost her. She was my light in this hell.

"Hey boys look, it's Nika."

"What the hells he doing over here?"

"I don't know but I think we should go."

"What? Hell no. He's the one that came over here!"

"I don't think-"

"Shut up will you. Hey, Nika!"

Everything I had is gone. I have no more of a reason the even strive to keep going. I have to go back to our home. I have to get her things and burry them.

A heavy pressure came down on my shoulder stopping me as I walked. I wonder if its the world is crashing down around me.

"I'm talking to you, you little shit."

I tilted my head as a big shadow loomed over me. Looking up I saw it was a dirty man with ripped muscle. He was bigger then me by far. He wore a ripped shirt with baggy pants. He was glaring down at me while holding me in place.

In a swift motion I swung my blade. Pushing his hand off me I kept walking as I heard him start chocking on his own blood. Slicing his neck was a good way to go. I just want to go get Lizzy things.

I payed no mind to the footsteps running away from me. The chill that started to set in didn't bother me at all. If leaving this world would set me free then I don't care if I freeze to death.

I kept walking even as my face became wet. The tears didn't make me stop. They just ran on their own and I don't fight them. If only-

I stopped walking as that thought hit me.

If only she didn't hear what Chale said.

If that didn't happen she wouldn't have ran from me. She wouldn't have took that step back. I wouldn't be alone now.

I turned my attention towards the tower. It stood tall and strong. It seemed to be waiting for me. My heart pounded but it wasn't in fear.

I could feel my adrenaline start to kick in. I could see, hear, and move better.

I took off running towards the tower. My mind was set on getting to Chale. I didn't even understand why he would do this. Why would he set this in motion?

My heart twisted and a pain shot through me. I almost fell as I tried to catch my breath. It was so hard to breathe. I ran, trying to ignore the pain all over me.

When I got to the tower it looked as if Chale was waiting for me. He stood tall by the entrance door looking at me with those blazing blue eyes. I started to him pulling out my blade. He only looked at me with pity. There was no way in hell I wanted his pity. I wanted Lizzy.

"Nika, what happened?" He asked when I got close not even caring about the blade.

My answer was my blade as I swung it. He caught my arm with ease still with his eyes on me. I hissed at him baring my fangs.

"Nika, where is Lizzy? What happened?" He asked moving closer still holding my arm.

I swung my other arm. My nails left scratches on his cheek. He didn't even care as he still held me.