S-L 19

Ch.19

Nika p.o.v

I quickly got angry when I finally could speak again. Not being in control of my body was weird. I felt free yet trapped. Chale has another thing coming if he thinks he's off the hook.

"Can you walk?" He asked after standing up straight and holding my waist.

I ignored his question and looked at our necked bodies. "You're so dead."

Chale stayed quiet and watched me. Everything felt surreal as the warm feeling covered my skin. I let out a shallow breath as my ears twitched. My tail felt funny and light.

I held Chale's arms as I turned my head. It hurt, for second, the bright warm light. I had my eyes adjust quickly. I could feel my heart beat increase with every moment. When my eyes were adjusted enough I took a unsure step towards the doors.

My feelings bubbled up inside me with every step. It was a weird thing to experience. Every moment spent in the moon light suddenly comes to a end. Step by step my legs grow numb under me. Reaching the doors was the only goal I had.

It was so warm and bright. Every single cell in my body rushed to the surface to get if only a glimpse of this feeling. Never will I forget this moment.

Stepping past the doors was like stepping into another world. My feet burned from the ground but I didn't care. The heat warmed me to the core.

I took a few more steps looking around. It was so green. The trees and plants were still alive. Birds flew over me and chirped happily. It was so hard no to go chasing after it. Child like curiosity bubbled up inside me.

"Nika, are you alright?"

I turned quick to look back at Chale. My breath got caught in my throat. His chest shined and seemed to call to me. Sunlight reflected off his sweat amd blood covered skin. His muscles moved like silk under the skin. The need to be close to him was vary strong.

"Nika come here." Chale said holding his hand out to me.

Wildlife could be heard running away behind me. My ears twitched catching a twig breaking. Looking up at Chale my heart pounded. His eyes reflected movement behind me.

A chill went over me. I had no weapons. We are in the open and bare.

"Nika my love, just look at me."

I focused on him like he said. His dangerous blue eyes held promise. It scared me. What was he promising? Why?

Another twig snapped behind me and my tail twitched.

I wouldn't be able to run, my body's not adjusted yet. Chale's body is still healing he can't carry us both. My fear was replaced by anger.

"Nika-"

"Run." I told him lowly.

Chale looked at me confused. "What?"

"Run." I told him again.

He took a step towards me and that's when the shooting started. I froze as Chale got shot in the shoulder. Time slowed as he fell to his knees. Pain was all I felt watching him.

"Run!" I yelled to to him as the men came from out the trees.

The ground shook as their steps came closer. My body wouldn't listen to me. They weren't shooting at me, only Chale.

I gasped as I was taken off my feet as someone lifted me. My eyes never left Chale. I watched as he shifted into his beast and ran towards the tree line away from me. Pain, anger, and happiness all had me confused.