S-L 12

Ch.12

Nika p.o.v

After all the high emotions went down I finally got the room to myself. I wanted to just rest but my mind kept wondering. I was beyond any relaxation at this moment.

It didn't help that I could hear growling outside my door. It was most likely two or three members of the gang hungry.

There is always something new with this place.

They were growling lowly like animals and it was almost sad. If I cared about how they lived I would help them. But the way the world is now there is no point in helping them. If I did, then I'll probably kill them myself.

I got fed up with the growling and sat up. Grabbing my knife I threw it at the door. The sound of the impact had the others on the other side go quiet. I growled loudly myself and let out a hiss.

Theirs were imitations and not a threat. Mines is real and a warning. If they keep me up anymore tonight, they won't have another meal.

The sound of their footsteps gave me satisfaction. I just wanted a little peace.

I huffed and rubbed at my eyes.

"Nika."

I paused as the hairs on my neck stood on edge.

"Nika this place is for animals. Come back."

That voice.

That fucking smooth voice.

"Nika."

I put my hands down and kept my eyes on the thin sheet under me. My mind was playing tricks on me. Why was I hearing his voice here?

"Nika, listen to me, come back to me."

I looked up and towards the voice. There was nothing there. The room only had me in it. I looked towards the broken window and saw nothing but the night sky.

"Nika."

I glared at the bright moon as it tried hiding behind clouds. "Chale."

*

"Do you have to leave so soon?" Jake said looking up at me with his baby brown eyes.

I smirked at him nodded. "I thought I could escape something for a while. Turns out I can't."

Taylor stepped up behind his brother and lover. "Does this have something to do about your past?"

They don't know I was meant to be a sex slave to a pervert. They only know what everyone else knows, I'm a experiment gone wrong.

I shook my head as I looked the two over. "No, it's something that happened recently. Don't worry about me, you two have a lot to catch up on." I said smirking.

Jake blushed and Taylor huffed at me. "Please Nika, he's still a child."

Jake looked at Taylor quickly. The hurt in his eyes could be seen a mile away. Taylor didn't seem to know he just hurt Jake.

Jake pulled away from Taylor, gave me a hug, and went back inside quietly.

I rolled my eyes at Taylor's stupidness. "Your a fucking idiot."

He tilted his head at me. "For what?"

"You just called your new lover a child." I said slowly like I was talking to a child.

His face came into understanding and he cursed. I watched him fuss with himself for a while before deciding I had to go. The clouds had started moving back towards home.