S-L 10

Ch.10

     Nika p.o.v

I don't remember falling asleep. Only feeling Chale's hand rubbing my head lightly. I opened my eyes feeling warm all around me.

Something made me want to just lay here. I've never felt so at peace. The light brown wallls told me I was still on the couch. How can a couch be so warm?

I yawned as I really woke up. Stretching my body out my arms hit something. I flick my tail getting comfortable again. Looking at what I hit I froze. It was Chale.

He was still sleeping. His sharp features seemed to melt down. He looked beyond innocent. Every detail was jumping out at me.

Like the way his hair falls over his head messy. It was bed hair that only he could make seem.......inviting? It could be the way his eyebrows seem perfect and sharp. His lashes seem to lightly brush his cheeks. The way his cheeks have a bit of color. Or his lips. How am I just noticing how pink they are? How plump and full they look.

Chale pushed his brows together making me look away quick. I could feel my face become heated. When I shifted again I realized I was laying on his arm. I shot up fast as my face felt even hotter.

I pushed myself away from him and got up. I decided to go check on Lizzy. I haven't seen her since I saw her sleeping in his bed.

Walking to his room I kept my steps light. Opening the door I looking into the room to see her still sleeping. She was wrapped up tightly in the blanket. She looked so warm, it made me smile a little.

My smile soon left my face when I remembered we couldn't stay. I still don't trust Chale. It doesn't matter what is going on inside my head. My mind is playing tricks on me.

I walked into the room more. Reaching Lizzy I shook her shoulder lightly. She only snuggled more into the bed. Before I could do it again movement from the doorway stopped me.

"Let her sleep. I'm sure its been a while since she's slept through the whole night. Let her sleep in." Chale said making me look over at him.

I clenched my jaw as I looked back down a Lizzy's peaceful face. "We have to leave soon."

"Why? You haven't even eaten yet."

"We just have to. I can find us some food or something." I said shrugging.

It was quite until I felt Chale turn me around to look at him. "That's what you must ban from your mind. You shouldn't have to find something. Things should be given to you. You dont have to leave here. You or Lizzy." He said tightly.

I clenched my jaw and forced my eyes away from his. "We're leaving, that's final."

Chale said nothing and soon I heard the door close. I took a deep breath ignoring the pain in my chest. I shook Lizzy until she woke up.

"Mmmhmm." I watched her moan as she opened her eyes.

"Hey Lizzy, its time to go. Come on get up." I told her pulling the blanket off her.

She looked at me before slowly nodding and sliding out the bed. She stood in front of me with her head down. My ears flattened seeing her reaction. She didn't want to leave this place?

My tail started to flicker as I reached for her hands making her look at me. "If I........If I ask Chale to let you stay would you be ok here?"

My heart beated wildly as she tilted her head at me. I wanted to grab her arms and pull her with me. But I've always given her a choice. Its not like I won't be back to check on her.

She smiled brightly and nodded. I nodded in understanding and let her go. For some reason I hoped that I was only letting her hands go and not all of her.

I stood up and looked down at her. She was already going back to her dream land. I sighed and made my way out the room.

I could feel his eyes burning into my back as I shut the door. "Can Lizzy stay here for a while?" I asked him keeping my eyes to the side.

"Of course, so can you Nika." He said quickly.

My eyes brows pushed together as I finally looked up at him. "I don't trust you. I'm only leaving Lizzy in your care because this is the safest building in this city. I'll come check on her in time."

I started for the elevator. A few steps from it I felt my arm get grabbed. I was pulled back between Chale and a wall. I glared at him holding back a hiss.

"Where will you go?" He asked me lowly.

I could see his deep sea blue eyes swirling with questions. "I'm going to check up on my house over east."

"You cannot go that far. I only control the west side of the city. I can not go on others land and keep you safe." Chale said.

My anger spiked at his words. "I didn't ask for your protection. Just keep her safe until I'm back." I told him through clenched teeth.

He opened his mouth to disagree but thought against it. I waited for him to move away from me. When he backed up I moved from the wall. I made fast work with my feet going to the elevator.

This time I didn't care about what the machine made me feel. I ignored everything about it. I just wanted to leave this building. I hit the first floor button. The doors closed and I let out a sigh.

I decided to go get a weapon before traveling. The gangs over east really don't care for me that much. I'm planning on being quick. I just need to make sure my supplies are still there and safe.

When I stepped out the building the moon was shining brightly. I looked at the clouds. They were going north making me have a inner turmoil about where to go. I could always go north, then again I could always go check on my house another time. I always follow the clouds unless it was important not to.

I didn't see the problem in following them this time. I shrugged and set off north. Following the clouds have always led me into interesting things.

I stopped walking after a few feet and sighed. I forgot I still didn't have a weapon with me. I turned around and headed to the house over here on the west side. I would just need brass knuckles or my chain, maybe I'll just get both.

I ran to save time and moonlight. Approaching my house actually relived me. It felt like years since I've been here. I wanted to just crawl in my warm pad on the floor and sleep. But I knew there wasn't time for that. The clouds are still moving and I have to start as well.

Going into the house I went straight to my room. I dove in my chest looking for my weapons.

My ears flickered at the sound of the floor creaking then silence. I went still so I could listen more. After five minutes it was still quite. I pursed my lips and got my things.

I slipped on my brass knuckles and wrapped my chain around my other hand. I didn't hear anything else so I started to move.

Walking down the old steps I made sure to step where they were still strong. I couldn't have any noise from me interfering with noises from others.

When I made out the door I looked around the streets. It was fairly quiet and empty. Not unusual but I still kept my guard up. Right now I was actually starting to like the idea of Lizzy with Chale.       

I started running north with the clouds. The warm wind hit my face making the run a bit relaxing. I wish I could share this with Lizzy.

I would've been took her on a run with me but  she's not fast like me. I would carry her but I'm not gifted with strength. I explained to her what it was like once and she seemed beyond amazed.

I will always regret not being faster for that day. If I was just a minute earlier Lizzy would be speaking. She wouldn't be a mute and victim. I have and will always hate those men that burn in hell for what they did. Ending their lives just wasn't enough.

I looked up at the clouds as rain begin to fall. It was like the heavens could feel my pain. With the rain hitting my cheeks as I ran I let the way become foggy. My own tears fall with the rain blending in.

The best I can do for Lizzy is to keep her safe. Doing that means to accept Chale.