Chapter 8 - Trouble

⚠️ Warning - this chapter contains detailed descriptions of sexual assault.

Enjoy...don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

I'll just hold onto you.

"What?"

If it was anyone else, they would have shown some kind of signs of discomfort in this situation, but not Carson. Somehow he seemed cooler and more confident than ever while I was sitting there completely dumbfounded.

"You're my friend."

"But...I thought..."

"You thought I ignored your question?" Carson rose an eyebrow at me, giving me an amused smile before he shook his head. "I didn't Daniela, I was just stalling, I guess? I'm not very good at things like this."

"Then why do you seem so relaxed?" At this he just let out a laugh, shaking his head as he looked up at the ceiling while I just continued to stare at him. "If only you knew how I feel right now."

Although he mumbled the words, it was still loud enough for me to hear, but I didn't respond to him. Instead I was too busy trying to process the fact that he said we were friends.

Friends.

My first friend.

Carson was my first friend.

Carson and I had been much closer than strangers or even some friends were to each other while we'd been here. I don't mean through an emotional connection, I mean through the things we'd experienced in here.

Only we knew how it felt to be in here. How it felt to be away from the outside world and everything and everyone we knew. How it felt to be locked in a tiny, freezing cold room with a complete stranger who you had to sleep next to. How it felt to go through George's games or what Christopher did to me.

Only we knew what it was truly like in this place 24 hours a day for two weeks straight.

That was something we'd only ever share with each other.

"You know you called me Dani for the first time earlier."

As soon as he saw my teasing smile, Carson gave me a frown, shaking his head in denial.

"No I didn't." His cold tone caused me to let out a laugh. "You did."

"I think you're hearing things Daniela."

His response caused me to roll my eyes as I let out a sigh.

"I don't understand, if we're friends like you say we are, why can't you call me Dani?"

"You want me to call you that?" When he rose an eyebrow at me, I nodded my head. "Yeah."

This time it was his turn to let out a very overly exaggerated sigh before he nodded his head.

"Fine."

Giving him a triumphant smile, I turned my gaze to the ceiling as we just continued to lay there.

There really wasn't much else to do except lie there and do nothing.

"I really am sorry Daniela. I didn't mean what I said, it was just the conversation about my mom, it got to me."

"I didn't mean to upset you Carson." Very quickly he shook his head as I turned to look at him again. "It wasn't your fault. I just miss her Dani."

This time I just gave him a soft smile, deciding it was better not to try and give him too much advice.

"I know. You're a mama's boy." When he heard my teasing tone, his eyes snapped to mine and he gave me another glare.