Chapter 27 - Sometimes You Talk Too Much

Enjoy ❤️ Don't forget to vote and comment

~ Carson's POV ~

"What happened?"

I glanced over at Grey before shaking my head, putting my glass of scotch down on the table in front of me. It was only Grey with me since Fox and Aviana had gone out to pick up some dinner.

Originally it was only going to be Fox but when Aviana and Grey began to bicker again after their disagreement over Dani this morning, I sent Aviana too.

I just needed a drink and some peace and quiet before I got back to doing my work.

"I think I made a mistake."

"A mistake?" I nodded my head as I leaned back into the couch, closing my eyes as I tilted my head back. Despite how much I hated the thought of telling someone how I felt about her, I also just needed to do it. I don't know how to explain it...I felt this urge to just...talk.

It was her, she was rubbing off on me.

"I love her so damn much, but I just don't have time for a girlfriend, my life isn't made for that. These last two weeks have been hell without her Grey. I ended up just blocking her out of my head after I realised I couldn't see her. I even tried to come home the first few days but-"

"But it was too far to drive back every night, I know that. But you didn't make a mistake Carson."

"I didn't?" When I gave him a confused frown, opening my eyes to look at him he let out a laugh picking up his glass of scotch. "No, you didn't. This doesn't happen all the time Carson, all this stuff that happened over the last two weeks was bound to happen the moment you got back. It's just bad timing, but any other time you would have found a way to fit her in, if you loved her enough."

"I thought you didn't like her?"

"I don't, but you're my brother and you love her, anyone can see that." I nodded my head at this, watching as he averted his eyes back to the papers he was reading when it fell silent again.

"I screwed up last night. I said some things that I don't think I can take back."

"Like what?"

"I called her a bitch."

"Well, she called us all jerks this morning so I guess you're even." When he cracked a smile I just shook my head, sitting up properly with a sigh. "I was meaning to talk to you about that. Don't ever talk to her like that again, she's my girlfriend you need to show her respect. I know you don't like her, or trust her but-"

"I don't trust her because of who she is and there's no way I'm going to respect her. She's McKnight's ex Carson, I just don't understand how you're not bothered by that." The moment he said that, my head snapped in his direction.

"You don't think I am? Every damn day I think about him, I want to rip his freaking throat out. But it's not her fault. She hasn't done anything wrong."

It fell silent for a moment between us, the entire time I thought about everything that had happened to her while I felt his eyes on me.

She hasn't deserved a single damn bad thing that's ever happened to her. What she said to me last night about knowing her worth...as much as it hurt me to know she was using those words against me I was so damn proud of her.

She stood up to me and she did well doing it.

"What happened Carson? When you talk about her you get this look in your eye, I've never seen it before."