Chapter 38 - To The Moon And Back

Omg I'm so sorry this has taken so long! My life is so so crazy right now I can't even describe it 😭

But, this is probably one of my most favourite chapters in the entire book, I've been waiting for ages to publish it. I hope you love it as much as I do ❤️

10 Days Later

~ Carson's POV ~

"You're all acting like she's dying or something." When I muttered those words it was only Grey who chuckled next to me while Fox, Avi and Dani all turned to glare at me.

"Don't say that!" When Dani shouted the words at me I just rolled my eyes as I leaned against my car waiting for her to say her goodbyes to Aviana and Fox.

"I promise it will all be okay and as soon as you get home we'll curl up on the couch and watch a movie. You can even choose." When Aviana spoke through her tears she pulled Dani into another hug while Fox just pulled them both into his arms.

"She'll be back in a few hours, what the hell is wrong with you?" When I snapped again they all chose to ignore it this time, taking a moment longer to have their group hug before Dani finally stepped towards me. "You could be a little nicer."

"I bought you a diamond bracelet, isn't that nice enough?" Even though I snapped at her again, she just gave me a soft smile nodding her head. "I love you."

Then she melts my freaking heart.

"I love you too baby." As I said those words I leaned down closer to her height to kiss her, but of course these people who I call my friends are just a bunch of selfish idiots.

"Don't! We don't want to see that." When Fox suddenly shouted the words before I could kiss her, I turned to glare at him. "So you ask her about our first kiss, our first time and all the little details but you don't want to see it?"

"Screw you." When he resorted to that comeback I just rolled my eyes turning back to Dani. "We should go."

"Just one more hug." When she quickly rushed over to Aviana and Fox to hug them again before she went to hug Grey, I just decided to go and sit in the car to wait for her.

Today was finally the day of her surgery although it really wasn't as bad as they were all making it out to be. A week ago we went to see her doctor together to talk about it and all they were going to do was give her nitrous oxide to sedate her while also using local anaesthetic so that she didn't feel any pain. She was also taking some medication to prepare for the surgery which she absolutely hated.

The whole procedure was only going to take an hour and then they would give her some time to let the sedative wear off a little before I could take her home.

Of course she was terrified though and I completely understood that, only because I knew it was her biggest fear. That's why I made sure to try and make every moment special for her that morning. When we woke up since she wasn't allowed to eat anything before her surgery, we just stayed in bed for a few hours together which was a rarity in itself.

While we lay there I did my best to keep her mind from drifting back to the surgery later that day instead talking to her about anything I could think of. During that time I also gave her the bracelet I bought for her, which was my way of telling her I loved her.

Don't judge me, I wasn't good at this mushy stuff. Buying her gifts was how I did that.

I'd been doing a lot of that over the last ten days although the bracelet was by far the most expensive gift I got for her. Most of the others were just chocolates, flowers and food, basically all the things girls like. After that hug we had, Dani talked to me about what happened with Eva and although she was pretty shaken up and disgusted at having her hands on her like that, she actually handled it so much better than I thought she would have.