Prologue

⚠️ Warning - This chapter contains graphic descriptions of domestic abuse and mentions of rape and depression. Please read with caution. ⚠️

First chapter...here we go, I hope you all enjoy it

First time reader or re-reader? Let me know! ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

7:02pm.

It was just two minutes past 7pm, and yet it was those two minutes that I knew would push him over the edge.

Just two.

I let out a nervous breath as I pushed open the front door to his overly luxurious apartment, stepping inside before I closed it quietly behind myself. I held my keys tight in my hand to stop them from jingling as I carefully dropped them into my purse.

I guess I don't know why I was trying to be quiet, he knew I was home, he always knew.

I made my way through the apartment and towards the stairs leading to the second floor. I went as quickly as I could up the stairs while trying my best to not let the excessive amount of chains and metal pieces on my Louis Vuitton purse jingle.

Having a couple of dangly key chains on a purse is all well and good when you're trying to make the purse look pretty, but as soon as you're trying to be quiet it's pretty much game over for you.

The second I stopped outside our bedroom door, I took a deep breath before I opened it, thankful that he was so rich that his doors didn't creak at all.

He probably used some fancy ass oil to grease the hinges.

Maybe you would expect someone like him to be relaxing downstairs in the living room with a beer, or maybe out with his brother or his friends since it was Friday night - possibly even with another girl.

But he wasn't like that, he saved all that shit for later.

Instead he was sitting at the edge of the bed, watching me as I opened the door. I didn't even have to look at him for long to know what was going through his head. The moment my brown eyes met his blue ones, I knew today wasn't going to be a good one for me.

Actually I knew that since this morning when I accidentally woke him up while I was getting ready for work. He was too tired then but I knew he would bring it up tonight.

The fact I was late home just made it even worse.

"Daniela."

My name left his mouth in a cold tone dripping with anger as he rose to his feet.

"Ayden."

I gripped the leather handles of my purse in my hand, watching his tall form as he closed the gap between us slightly.

"You're late."

A simple sentence of two words, yet when said so ominously, they could scare the hell out of anyone.

Although he was clearly raging, he was also keeping himself calm. I always found it the scariest when someone is eerily calm while you know that they're fuming inside.

If they haven't let their anger consume them yet enough to openly show it, you're only at the first stage.

Stage one was when the anger was building inside them.

"I know, I'm so sorry. It was dark in the parking lot downstairs and I dropped my keys under the front car seat and-"

"You know I don't like excuses Daniela."