Chapter 32 - Little One

⚠️ Warning - This chapter contains mentions of sexual abuse and violence. ⚠️

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️ Enjoy

~ Daniela's POV ~

Just like when we first came back, Carson very quickly got busy with work again for the next two weeks after my initiation into the mafia. He even went away for a few days on a business trip with Grey for five days. But, while he was here we did spend some time together whenever we could but most of it was when he was teaching me things I needed to do for him.

So I guess the plus side was that I'd learned a lot more about his business while he was here and able to teach me.

I was getting a lot better at figuring out which deals were good or bad, I'd almost mastered my everyday tasks that I had to do for him and, I was much closer to being able to deal with a handful of his clients on my own without having to consult anyone first.

For those five days that he was gone, when I wasn't crying I spent time doing the things I knew how to do and then I spent the rest of the time in my office practising some other things.

I didn't miss Grey, obviously, but I definitely missed Carson more than I thought was even possible. Compared to those two weeks that we spent apart when he disappeared, this time while he was in San Francisco, we were texting all the time which made me miss him even more. I think I actually missed him more than he missed me, which is why I couldn't  stop texting him one particular day.

He didn't talk to me for the rest of that day after he blocked my number to stop me from texting him.

It was weird being in this house with all his men and Aviana and Fox without him. Although, it did give me a chance to get to know them a little better which was nice since we spent time having movie nights together. I even spent extra time with Fox which definitely didn't usually happen.

"I'm so tired. Training some of these idiots everyday is just too much for my soul to handle." Scrunching my nose up at the way he walked into the games room shirtless, I paused my movie as I watched him drop down tiredly on the couch next to me. "Is that ice cream?"

I mean, it was kind of obvious that it was a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, so I don't know why he was asking me. "Have you been crying Little One?"

"Little one?" When I chose to ignore his question instead focusing on the nickname, he flashed me a smile. "Yeah, you're my Little One and don't ignore my question, your nose is all red. It's freaking cute as hell but it means you've been crying so that makes me sad."

As he spoke he reached out and took my chocolate fudge brownie ice cream along with the spoon. Before I could even stop him he already put the stupid spoon in his mouth.

"So why were you crying?"

"Because some asshole just stole my ice cream." When I gave him a pointed look he shook his head, taking another bite of my chocolate goodness. "Nope, you were crying before that."

"So you agree you're an asshole?"

"Yep, now answer my question. I don't like repeating myself." I wish he knew how much he sounded just like Carson when he said that. "Because I miss him."