Chapter 31 - Good Girl

⚠️ Warning - This chapter contains descriptions of anxiety. ⚠️

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️ Enjoy

~ Daniela's POV ~

1 Week Later

"Carson."

"Carson wake up."

"Carson baby it's okay just wake up."

This time when I shook him speaking to get through to him a whimper escaped my lips when he let out another moan in his sleep, moving around the bed as if he was in absolute agony.

"Carson please wake up." I continued to shake him, trying to get through to him but it didn't seem like it was doing much to help until he suddenly sat up, a violent gasp escaping his lips as he did.

It took him a second before he began to look around the dimly lit room with frantic eyes taking in his surroundings.

"Baby it's okay, it was just a dream Carson, you're safe." When he heard my voice he turned to look at me, taking me in before he looked away to look at the room again.

"B-but we were there again...in that room..." His voice came out hoarse and thick as he looked around with wide eyes full of panic.

"We're not there Carson, we're safe." I tried to keep my voice a soft as I reached out to stroke his cheek, frowning when I felt how hot and clammy his skin was.

"Baby do you want some water?" Without a word he nodded his head before I shuffled across the bed to grab my water bottle bringing it back to him. After I opened it, with shaking hands he took it from me taking a few gulps before he handed it back to me.

"Did I wake you up?" 

Tightening the cap on the bottle I put it down next to me before I moved in closer to him. "You were moving a lot, like you were in pain."

The sight scared the hell out of me.

"It was those games. The way he used to tie me up...how he made you watch..."

Nodding my head, I chose to pull him into a hug instead of saying anything stupid while he continued to take some time to calm down. "It felt so freaking real Dani."

"I know baby." As I pulled away I continued to rub his back as he let out a breath clearly still shaken up from whatever images were just going through his head as he slept. "He got his wish, he said he wanted to make me suffer and he is."

"It won't last forever Carson, it'll take some time for the nightmares to stop, but they will."

"No, you don't know that." When he shook his head I gave him a small smile, placing my hand on his cheek causing him to lean into my touch for the comfort.

"I think they will, but even if they don't, I'll always be here Carson. I'll be here to keep reminding you that it's not real, that it's a dream. I'll be here when you wake up to comfort you and give you a hug when you need it."

"I love you Dani." Leaning I pressed my lips to his before I lay down again, pulling him down with me. "I love you too. Are you ready to sleep again or you want to talk for a bit?"

As I spoke I ran a hand through his hair as he moved in closer to me, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Let's go to sleep baby."

<<<<<<< >>>>>>> <<<<<<<

"Dallas."

When my eyes finally landed on the one person I'd been looking for, I let out a sigh of relief rushing over to him in the entry hall as I clutched the file in my hand.