Chapter 12 - All The Men That Have Hurt Me

Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

"Aren't you tired yet?" My words came out barely above a whisper as Carson continued to walk, holding me in his arms.

"I'm fine." He refused to look at me, instead just staring straight ahead as he walked.

We had no clue where we were or where we were even going. We could have been going in circles for all we knew, it was just trees everywhere, it all looked the same.

"I can walk if you're tired Carson, you've been carrying me for ages."

"Just be quiet." I let out a sigh when he shut me down again, this time choosing to close my eyes.

He may have been nice to me by carrying me but we both knew exactly where we stood with each other. I hated him and I'm sure he felt exactly the same way after what I said to him. I was still waiting for him to kill me and leave my body here for no one to ever find.

Some more time passed while I just rested in his arms although it was near impossible to fall asleep.

I was tired sure, but I was also hungry, cold and in quite a bit of pain from my injuries. Not to mention the fact I was very aware of Carson's awful mood which could have resulted in me being thrown on the floor at any moment.

"Do you hear that?" When Carson spoke, I forced my eyes open, looking up at him when he came to a stop.

"Hear what?"

"Just listen." I let out a tired sigh before lifting my head a little, doing my best to hear whatever it was that he could hear.

"I don't-"

"It sounds like a motor or something. It's coming from over there." He nodded towards the right causing my turn my head in that direction but all I could see were trees.

"Put me down." As instructed, he carefully set me down on my feet again, keeping his hands on my waist for a moment to steady me before he eventually stepped away. Putting my necklace that I'd been holding all that time into my pocket for the moment, I followed Carson in the direction that he was going in.

Now that it was probably the middle of the night, it was so hard to see anything. I was surprised Carson didn't trip even once while he carried me, earlier while I was walking I lost count on how many times I'd tripped and stumbled.

"Here, stop." When Carson came to a stop, he took my hand, pulling me closer to him. "Can you hear it now?"

For a moment we just stood there listening to the sounds of the wind in the trees mixed with the sounds of wildlife around us until I finally heard a faint murmur of a motor.

"How did you hear that from over there?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Carson continued walking in the direction of the sound without another word. It took us a few minutes until we finally saw the outline of a building in the distance.

"The motor must be underground or something. Probably some kind of electricity generator."

As we approached the building, a nervous feeling began to fill me when I remembered that movie I watched a while ago.