Chapter 26 - What Happened To You?

This chapter is kind of boring I think but necessary for the story 🙁

I hope you enjoy it ❤️ Don't forget to vote and comment

~ Daniela's POV ~

And just like that our 'honeymoon' phase in our relationship was finished.

The next day, as he said, Carson went back to work dressed in a fancy Italian suit, metal cuff links, leather shoes with a gun strapped to his hip under his suit jacket.

I barely caught a glimpse of him in the morning, only when he came to kiss my cheek before he left much earlier than I expected him to.

I didn't see him again until he came home in the middle of the night, hours after I went to sleep. The only contact we had was another kiss, this time to my forehead before he went to sleep next to me.

Even though I was half asleep and too tired to talk to him, I was happy that he at least came home and slept in the same bed as me.

But he only did that for two more nights before he stopped coming home altogether. I didn't even see him those nights, but I knew he had been there, even if he left before I woke up.

I guess I should have expected it, his home was an hour away from where he worked and it's not like he had set working hours. He worked until he was done and in this life, most of it was lived at night.

So that Monday when Carson started work, I spent the day moving into his penthouse properly. That meant I spent the day moving half of his clothes out of his walk in closet in his bedroom so that I could put my clothes in there.

I was going to tell him the rest of his clothes were in the closet in one of the guest bedrooms but I never got the chance. I guess he could figure it out himself.

After that, I filled the vanity with my make up and made space for my small amount of jewellery next to his accessories and watches and my perfumes next to his colognes.

I guess if he ever complained I would move my things into the closet in the guest room instead, but for now I was just hoping he wouldn't mind me invading the one in the master bedroom.

Technically it wasn't my fault because that closet was huge, he just had an unnecessary amount of clothes and shoes and everything looked the same. He had about a billion black and navy suits and then the rest were grey and a couple of really dark green ones too.

Once I'd finished 'moving in', which included having my thumb print entered into his security system, I used the rest of the time to start looking for a job.

It sounded much easier than it actually was.

I was lucky with the first job that I found since I did work experience with them during college in order to be able to take my Certified Public Accountant exam, so I was already in their good books when I applied for a job after I graduated and then passed my exam. But I only worked there for a week which looked really bad on my resume.

Despite that, I still tried to apply to as many accounting jobs as I could in New York City, which was a lot.

That's how I spent Monday and Tuesday, when I still had hope I would soon get a chance to speak to Carson if he happened to come home earlier one night or leave a little later in the morning.

But then Wednesday night he never came home. The same as Thursday and Friday.

By Friday I'd already had nine calls from different accountancy firms to tell me that I wasn't being considered for a job with them.