Chapter 18 - Don't Make Me Regret It

I love this chapter 😍 I hope you all do too!

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

"What are you doing?"

When I heard his voice behind me, I slowly turned around, lowering my coat down when I saw Carson sitting up in the bed watching me with a frown.

I didn't have to say anything once he saw my tear stained face and the way I was holding my coat. After all, he was smart enough to put it together pretty quickly.

After he turned to check the time, seeing it was only 7:30am Carson stared at me for a moment as he put the pieces together in his head. I knew once the frown on his face morphed into one of hurt and then one of anger that he'd figured it out.

Pushing the covers away from his body, he got up off the bed, coming towards me clad in just his boxers and a T-shirt. The fact his tattoos were on full show just made him appear so much more intimidating, especially with the glare he was now giving me.

"Carson please just let me explain."

Of course my pathetic attempt at getting through to him was futile, in that moment he didn't give a shit what I had to say and I knew it.

The moment he stepped towards me raising his voice, I instinctively took a step backwards.

"Explain? Explain what Daniela? That you were going to leave without saying goodbye?"

"Please just listen-"

"I don't have to listen to jack. You were leaving and you didn't even have the freaking guts to tell me. I never thought you of all people would try to sneak out quietly." Carson shook his head out of anger as he stepped towards me again causing me to take another step back.

I guess it was just an instinct more than anything. I knew he was angry, but I also knew he wouldn't hurt me.

"After everything, you were just going to leave me? Just like that?" Even though his anger hadn't faltered in the slightest, the hurt that he was trying hide was slowly creeping in.

"It was better for both of us Carson."

"Really? Because it doesn't feel better for me Dani, maybe for you, but definitely not for me." This time he didn't wait for me to say anything before he continued talking. "You're a freaking coward Daniela."

His words only made the pain in my heart greater as he released the anger he was feeling towards me.

"Carson please don't...I told you everything in the note, just read it and it will explain-"

"Note? What note?" When he cut me off I glanced over at the desk and following my gaze, he did too before he made his way over to it.
I watched with tearful eyes as he picked up the note, reading it with a frown on his face.

I just continued to stand by the door gripping the fabric of my coat tight in my hands as I watched him.

"You're sorry?" He murmured the words to himself as he continued to read over the note until he finally looked up at me. His piercing gaze was enough to make my heart race in my chest as he stood there.

The only emotion that I could see in his eyes past the anger now was betrayal.

It fell silent between us for a moment until he suddenly stormed back over to me, holding the paper in a tight grip.

"You're sorry? You were going to leave me Dani! You were going to just walk out of my life without even telling me!"

"I didn't know what else to do."