Chapter 13 - I'll Always Be Here To Catch You

Enjoy don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Carson's POV ~

So I have this tendency to let my anger get the best of me, which is kind of what happened every single time I snapped at her.

Of course I would never kill her and if it came to it, I wouldn't leave her on her own either. It was just every single freaking time she gives me that look like I betrayed her and hurt her, I remember the fact she was with him.

Isn't he just as bad as me? At least I don't traffic women and own prostitution rings like the Irish Mob. They had no damn morals, to them it was all about money, it didn't matter if innocent people were involved. But she loved him and hated me.

She just keeps saying things to me to make feel even worse.

'Let me tell you something Carson. That day we met you told me you would kill me if I spoke to you again, then later you told me you couldn't trust me and you never would. Well now I'm saying it to you. Stay the hell away from me because I will never, ever trust you again. I've made that mistake twice in my life and I'm not doing it again.'

"Carson?"

When she said my name again, I let out a frustrated huff. She could only handle five minutes before she started speaking again. "What do you want now Dani?"

My harsh response left her quiet for a moment before she asked her question anyway. This girl was so damn stubborn.

"Why didn't you tell me that you knew me?"

She never lets anything go, does she?

"Damn, why do you care so much?"

"Because I just want answers. Despite what you might think, I had no idea what the hell was going on."

I didn't bother to look at her as we walked, instead I was busy debating in my head whether to tell her or not.

I didn't know if I believed her or not - honestly I didn't think she was lying about not knowing, but then at the same time now that she does know, I wasn't sure she wouldn't take information about me back to Ayden.

I had to be careful, maybe not of her but of the Irish Mob.

"There were many reasons. If I told you then it meant I would have tell you who I was and my job and that wasn't an option."

"Why?"

"I didn't trust you not to take information about me back to Ayden."

When she fell quiet I turned my head to look at her to see she had a small frown on her face seeming to be deep in thought.

"What was the other reason?"

"I didn't want you to get hurt. George didn't know who you were, but if anyone overheard me tell you or figured out who you were, he would have held you for ransom."

"I guess you were right then, that's what he was going to do before I..."

Before I killed him.

"It wasn't your fault." My tone softened when I spoke knowing this was a sensitive subject for her. I may have been angry but I knew that was a topic I had to be careful with. I still remember my first kill and despite being a cold hearted bastard now, back then I wasn't.

"I killed someone Carson, of course it was my fault. He wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for me."

The moment she said that I shook my head in disagreement.