Chapter 33 - Power Couple

I love this chapter ❤️

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment

~ Daniela's POV ~

"Are you mad at me?"

"No." I shook my head at her question as I scanned through the different dresses hanging on the rack. "But you seem mad."

"I'm not mad Aviana."

"But you're not talking to me." When I heard the sadness in her tone I turned to look at her noticing how she was pouting her lips. We'd already been at the shop for the last ten minutes but she hadn't even started looking at dresses yet. She was too busy trying to talk to me.

"I'm not mad at you, I just don't know what to say. I don't know if what happened between us was an argument or not. I don't have many friends so I don't know how to fix things like this."

When she heard my words a smile stretched across her face showing off her perfect white teeth.

"We're friends?"

"Well-" Before I could say anything to try and make myself seem less desperate to have her as a friend, she very quickly cut me off.

"Oh Dani I'm so so sorry, I swear I'll never get between you and Carson again or let Carson come between us again. I don't have any girl friends and I don't want to lose you just because of him. You're so sweet and funny and kind and he's a jerk anyway, can you believe he's forcing me to come to this thing tonight with Grey? Grey, Dani, Grey! I'm going to die."

By the time she finished her rant I couldn't hold back my laughter as she completely overreacted, for some reason worried about having to be Grey's date, even though they were just friends.

"It's not that bad, at least you get to dress up and go out for the night. Plus you'll be with me." When I flashed her a smile, it was clear we'd forgotten all about our 'argument' as she turned to face some of the dresses on the rack next to us. "I know but I don't want to be his date. That means I can't go off and find a guy to spend the night with, I have to stay with him and act all professional."

"Are you even allowed to try and get with anyone there? Aren't they all your rivals?"

"Most of them are yes, but some of them are our allies or just people we haven't worked with before. For example, at the last one in May four months ago, there was this Spanish cartel leader, he was so sexy Dani. He was giving me the eyes all night so finally at the end I went up to him and he just led me outside to his car to go back to his house."

"Wait, you just got in the car with him without saying anything?"

"Well he said 'my place' in his very thick accent, I don't think he spoke English or that he knew that I know how to speak Spanish. Anyway, it was the best sex ever! It was all passion and we had this connection and understanding, even without speaking. Plus, he -oh sorry."

Before she could finish her sentence she had to side step a very, very shocked older woman who was trying to get past her to see a dress next to us. All I could do was shake my head letting out a laugh at the look on that poor woman's face after hearing about Aviana's silent romp with a Spanish cartel leader.

This girl didn't speak quietly at all, even if we were in public.

"So anyway, in the morning I left before he could wake up. I didn't want to have to say anything in the morning, but he might be there tonight. Oh my God, what if he is? He'll think I'm with Grey! Dani, do you know what will happen to me if people think I'm with Grey? They'll never touch me again! They'll think I'm off limits since I belong to Carson's underboss and they'll never come near me again. How am I supposed to - ow woman just find a damn dress or get out of the store!"