Chapter 11 - You Won't Get Another Chance

Enjoy

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️ ily all 🥺

~ Daniela's POV ~

Carson didn't say a word.

He just kept his eyes focused on George, even when I spoke, he refused to look at me.

"I don't know what?" When I continued to look between George and Carson, still neither of them answered my question. "Can one of you just tell me what's going on?"

"It's really simple Daniela. Carson here is the leader of-"

"Don't you dare. One more word and I swear I will rip your throat out." When Carson finally spoke, I turned to look at him when his words came out through gritted teeth.

He was angry. But this was an anger I'd never seen from him before.

Quite frankly, I'd never seen anything like this before.

Even George's smirk faltered for that moment before he leaned back in his chair, gesturing for Carson to speak. "You tell her then."

"I'm not telling her jack and neither are you. You're not holding her for ransom either so just get the hell out of here."

"I think you've forgotten who makes the rules around here Agnello, it's not you, it's me. I'll let you break her little heart and then I'm taking her. Maybe I'll even let you watch what I do to her, if you're lucky."

When I heard his words, an involuntary gasp left my mouth at the mere thought of being hurt all over again by him. This finally seemed to catch Carson's attention when he turned to look at me before he looked at George again.

"Get the hell out."

"Tell her, or I will." This time George's tone left no room for arguments as he watched me turn to look at Carson.

"What is he talking about Carson? Whatever it is you can tell me, I'm your friend remember." I tried to give him an encouraging smile but all it did was make things worse when he shook his head at me.

"You won't be when you find this out Dani. We can't go back."

"It's okay, I promise. It's okay, you can tell me." Placing my hand on his that was resting on the bed, I gave him another smile but before he could try to tell me, George spoke.

"Atticus McKnight is the leader of the Irish Mob in New York and his little brother Ayden is his right hand man."

"What?" At the sound of George's words I turned to look at him, my eyes widening at the sudden bomb he'd just dropped. But, before I could even attempt to process it or even ask any questions, he continued.

"Oh that's not even the best part. So, Carson here is the leader of the American Mob or the mafia - whatever he calls it."

"Wait, what? You're in the...mafia?" This time I turned to look at Carson, directing my question to him, saying that word with so much disbelief.

The mafia. The mafia was something you read about in history books, maybe you see it once in a blue moon in the news or you read about it in romance novels.

But that didn't mean it was real, that it still existed. That didn't mean that he was part of it.

It was a myth, something that once existed in America during the prohibition era in the 1920s and 1930s, it had to be a myth.