Chapter 25 - An Acquired Taste

I love this chapter 😍

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

He was seething next to me, absolutely ready to kill someone - anyone.

I turned to look at him as he watched after Grey, fire blazing in his eyes while his jaw was so tightly clenched.

I could feel my heart begin to pound in my chest as I took a slow step in front of him although he was still looking over my head in the direction Grey had just gone.

"Carson?"

My first attempt at getting through to him was futile, and so was the second. It was only when I reached out and took his hand that he suddenly flinched, his eyes dropping down to look at me with his furious glare.

"You're shaking..." I gulped nervously as I took his shaking hands in mine, lowering my gaze to his hands, my eyes focusing on the tattoos on the back of his hands. I could feel the anger radiating off of him as he watched me and my heart continued to pound in my chest.

After a few seconds, I finally gathered the courage to lift my gaze to look at him. There was only a handful of times I'd seen him so angry, the first day we met being one them, along with a few of his encounters with George.

But this was one of the worst by far.

"I should kill him." His voice came out raspy as he lifted his gaze to look down the hallway behind me. "He disrespected me, he needs to know his place."

When he took a determined step forward, I placed my hands on his chest to stop him.

"Carson don't, please. Just come with me." His anger didn't even falter in the slightest as I took his hand, pulling him into the room closest to us which was the kitchen.

A beautiful white marble kitchen.

Thankfully it was empty which was what I hoped for.

We stood there for a moment after I closed the door and took his hands again in mine, rubbing circles on the back of his hands with my thumbs.

"Why are you stopping me?" His voice came out low and strained as if he was fighting every urge in his body to go and pummel the hell out of his friend.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt or to do something you'll regret later."

"Regret? I won't regret jack, now move out of my way." Once again he tried to walk past me, and this time I tightened my grip on his hands and I spoke up before he could.

But all my words ended up doing was throwing gasoline on the fire already burning.

"He did have a right to be a little upset. You chose me, didn't you? You were supposed to come here first and Grey was the one who had to deal with those people while you were with me."

When he heard my words, his glare was suddenly directed at me, his eyes blazing with anger as he pulled his hands out of mine.

"You're defending him?"

"N-no, I was-"

"You're my freaking girl, do you understand that? You're supposed to be on my damn side."

"I am on your side Carson." My words came out in a desperate attempt to calm him down, but all he did was take a furious step towards me causing me to back up against the kitchen counter.

I felt the edge of the counter press against my lower back as he towered over me, giving me a furious glare.

"I was just trying to calm you down."