Chapter 34 - I Promise

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

"I think I'm going to throw up."

"Don't do that, my shoes are expensive." When Carson muttered the words to me as we walked away from Ayden and Atticus who were still glaring daggers into our backs, I couldn't stop the laugh that escaped my lips.

At least it was laughter and not vomit because that would have made me look particularly weak in front of them.

"Hold on." When he suddenly grabbed my hand to stop me from walking, Grey also stopped a few feet away from us too. "What are you-"

Before I could get my sentence out Carson brought his lips to mine, pressing a soft kiss to them before he pulled away.

"Just to make sure they know you're mine." He gave me a smile while I just stood there in shock and Grey just chuckled next to us. Without another word we walked back to the banqueting hall, heading back over to the tables where everyone was sitting.

"Finally, where the hell have you all been? Ignacio has been giving me the eyes for the last twenty minutes."

"We had something to do." For once I was grateful when Grey spoke up for us as we took our seats again. I was aware of Aviana talking about something or another while I just sat there, trying to feel something.

I was searching for that anxiety that I was almost sure would catch up with me once my adrenaline rush cut off, I was waiting for that panic attack that, five minutes ago, I knew was coming.

But I couldn't find it.

"You okay?" When Carson leaned in closer to me, I turned to look at him giving him a smile which was somehow so genuine.

It was real.

"I'm okay." All he did was nod his head before he took my hand again under the table. Unlike I expected, I wasn't trembling or shaking, I didn't want to burst into tears at the way he held my hand to comfort me.

Instead I just leaned back into my chair tracing circles on the back of his hand as the servers brought out the dessert. Somehow I still had an appetite to demolish the chocolate fondant cake that they put in front of me, much to Carson's amusement.

I don't know why fancy food is always so small though, I finished it in a few bites.

"Slow down Trouble, it's not going anywhere."

"Be quiet." When he heard my response he just nodded his head turning his attention to his own cake, staring at it with a frown. "I don't think I should eat this."

"Why?"

"Fox gave me hell this morning for missing so many training sessions with him while Grey and I were away. Plus last night I ate all those sfogliatella."

"I told you that you were going to get fat but you didn't listen to me." When I shrugged my shoulders I heard Grey chuckle on the other side of Carson while my boyfriend just glared at me. "I'm not getting fat. I just think the sugar isn't going to help me when I have to train tomorrow morning with him."

"Look, if you don't want it then I guess I'll do you a favour and help you out, but you owe me." When I narrowed my eyes at him, swapping my now empty plate with his full one, he finally cracked a small smile, only for a second.

"Don't worry, I'll make it up to you. I know eating a second one is going to be really hard for you."

Although he was being very sarcastic, I only gave him a smile as I took a bite of his cake.