Chapter 14 - There's No One Else For Miles

⚠️ Warning - this chapter contains mentions of rape and abuse. ⚠️

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

So, even though the bed was made for two people, I somehow still woke up with my head resting on Carson's chest and my arm draped over his waist.

Would it be crazy to think that the reason I managed to sleep without one image of George appearing in my head was because I had Carson in the bed with me this time?

The moment I woke up, even before I opened my eyes I could feel the heat from his body radiating all around me. I was pretty much lying on top of him with my head on his chest and I could feel the heat of his hand resting on my lower back while he slept.

At least I knew it wasn't all my fault, and apparently he was very okay with the situation.

"Stop moving." His husky morning voice broke through the silence causing me to lift my head to look at him.

"Let go of me then." When I tried to get off him again, Carson tightened his arm around me, holding me against him.

"I'm trying to sleep Daniela."

"I don't care I-" Before I could try to argue with him, a knock on our door caught my attention. This time I tried harder to tug myself out of his grip but he only tightened his arm around me again, a small smirk tugging on his lips.

"Don't you dare, Carson she already thinks we're-"

"Come in." My eyes widened when he spoke a lot louder and before I knew it the door to our room opened revealing Diane. Turning my head I had to force a smile onto my face when I saw her come into the room.

"Aw look at you two! Did you have a nice sleep?"

"It was perfect, thank you." Carson flashed her his perfect smile, showing of his teeth and his dimples.

Yes, he had dimples. It was like he was sculpted by angels or something. He was perfect.

"You're welcome. I've just made lunch since you slept through breakfast and then maybe we can have a chat about your next steps to get back home?"

Home.

New York.

Ayden.

Clearly sensing my apprehension and change in mood, Carson sat up a little in bed, nodding his head in acceptance of Diane's offer.

"That sounds great, thank you."

"Okay, well I'll see you both downstairs in a little while then." Flashing us one more warm smile, she finally left the room closing the door behind herself. The moment we were finally alone, I pushed myself away from Carson, sitting up as I let out a breath.

I had no idea what I was going to do.

I couldn't go back to him. I was finally free after two years of living in hell, solely dependant on him. The stupidest thing I could ever do was go back to him now.

"Dani?" Carson also sat up in the bed leaning against the headboard. "Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing."

"Are you sure? Because after some of the things you said last night, I-"

"I was tired and hysterical Carson, I didn't mean any of it." When I turned to look at him, he rose an eyebrow at me. "You can trust me."

"I can't." I shook my head at him, watching as he leaned closer to me, taking my hand in his. "What's it going to take for you to trust me again? You can ask me anything, I'll tell you whatever you want to know."