Chapter 40 - 24 Hours

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Three Weeks Later

~ Carson's POV ~

"Mama stop." When she reached out to feed me another bite I pushed her hand away causing her to glare at me. "Did you just push my hand away?"

"I'm trying to work and you're going to get food on my papers." When I turned to look at her she shook her head, glancing over at my sister and Dani who were sitting on the couch in my office.

"Do you hear this? I drive an hour to come and cook for my son and he can't even eat my food."

Rolling my eyes at her comment that was obviously directed at me, I just turned over the page of the contract I was reading, adding another note to the side of the page.

That's when she tried to shove the stupid spoon of risotto into my mouth again causing me to let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't need you to feed me Mom, I'm a grown man."

When I turned to look at her, she was glaring at me still holding the full spoon in her hand. "Then eat it. I taught Dani how to make this for you and you can't even eat it."

When she mentioned my girlfriend I turned my head to look at her, noticing the amused smile on her face although she was still focussing on the shoes she was looking at on her laptop with Poppy.

I swear, in these last three weeks if they weren't shopping at a mall with Aviana then they were shopping online.

"If I eat it will you go and sit over there with them?" I wouldn't usually choose to work when my mother came to see me, but I had an important meeting that afternoon which I had to prepare for.

Anyway, she didn't even call me anymore to ask if she could come over - she started calling Dani, her new best friend.

They'd been seeing each other a lot over the last few weeks, spending most of their time cooking since Dani really wanted to learn to make some of my favourite dishes that my mom used to cook for me.

I honestly don't know how I managed to find someone so beautiful on the inside and outside.

"I'll eat it, I promise." When she nodded her head, I took the bowl of risotto that she'd cooked with Dani, taking a bite to show her that I would eat it. Finally once she was happy she stood up from the chair she'd somehow dragged around my desk to sit next to me.

"Don't worry about that mama, I'll move it back later." When I stopped her from trying to move the chair back to where it belonged across from my desk, I gave her a smile.

There was no way I could ever be mad at her, not really.

For the next half an hour while I did my work, I had to listen to three of the four most important women in my life squeal and giggle over the stupid shoes they were looking at on the stupid laptop.

"Why the hell are you even in here?" When I finally had enough, I lifted my gaze away from the documents in front of me and over to the three women who were now glaring at me as if they hadn't invaded my office uninvited an hour ago.

"I think you should watch that tone of yours." When Poppy glared at me I rolled my eyes just as the door to my office opened. When the two idiots came strolling in, Fox was the only one who of the two who acknowledged me with a salute. "Boss."