Chapter 2 - Maybe I'm Worse Babygirl

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️ Reading your comments on these chapters is my favourite thing to do 🥺 I love seeing you comment on the little things in the stories it always makes me smile so thank you! ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

"Wake up."

"No."

When I mumbled the word through my exhaustion, curling further into my pillow, someone let out a frustrated sigh near me.

"Wake the hell up." This time the irate tone caused me to force my eyes open, although I could hardly see anything. It took me a couple of moments but the longer I was awake, the more aware of my senses I became.

I rested my head on my pillow, savouring the warmth it gave me as I let out a tired yawn.

It felt like I was moving and I couldn't really hear much going on apart from the sound of an engine and cars passing us. Also the only light coming into the place I was in was from the edges around the door. It was extremely cold and the ground was solid, like wood.

After all my analysis I came to the conclusion that I was in fact inside a moving van.

Sherlock Holmes would be so proud.

I probably should have been more alarmed at the situation I found myself in but I was still extremely tired at that point. Every single inch of my body was burning in pain, reminding me of the incident I had with Ayden when he cut me with the knife and also my encounter with those masked men who threw me on the floor.

A few moments passed before a sudden thought occurred to me and my hand instantly went to my neck in search. Relief washed me when my hand met with the cool metal of the necklace my mother gave me to me for my birthday a couple of weeks before she died.

It was something I never ever took off and it was the one thing I would never let Ayden get his hands on. Apart from that, he had access to all my other belongings.

Once my thoughts drifted away from my necklace, I lay there for a moment, still trying to process what was going on until my mind finally seemed to process the scent next to me.

I turned my head towards what I originally thought was my pillow, inhaling slightly just to make sure that it really did smell of a deep woody fragrance but also with a hint of freshness. Although I wasn't an expert on fragrances, I knew this wasn't the scent of a fabric conditioner.

Unless fabric conditioners smell like men's aftershave now.

As soon as I moved back a little, I became aware of the warmth radiating from his body and how my hands were clenching onto the the soft material of his seemingly rather expensive T-shirt.

So yes, it wasn't a pillow.

"Who the hell are you?"

I suddenly shuffled away from the stranger I was just curled up against, trying to make out his facial features although in the dim lighting I couldn't see a thing.

"I should be asking you the same damn question. You were the one who wouldn't let me go."

"So I like to cuddle? There's no need to be mean." I shook my head at him, ignoring the way his deep velvety voice sent shivers down my spine.

The man let out a scoff, moving away from me to the other side of the van to put some distance between us. He was now leaning against one wall while I leaned against the other.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I-" Before I could even try to introduce myself, he cut me off and continued speaking.