Chapter 17 - It's Easier To Be Mad At You

Enjoy Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

"Are we running out of money Carson?" I wasn't sure what his reaction would be when I asked him that question while he texted Grey the address of the hotel we were currently staying at.

"We still have some left, but Grey is sending some soon, he usually works pretty fast. Why? Did you want to buy something?"

"Oh, no. I was just asking."

"Dani, the money is ours, not just mine, if you want something just tell me." Surprisingly he seemed more amused by this whole thing rather than annoyed like I expected.

"Well, they have room service here, so I thought maybe we could get something? If it's too expensive we can share, I-"

"We don't have to share, of course we can order room service." An excited smile tugged at my lips as I stood up off the bed, heading over to the desk in our room to grab the menu.

"Ever since we were in that stupid room I've been craving pizza Carson, all the time."

"Pizza?"

"Mhm, it's my absolute favourite food ever. If I had to choose a last meal, it would be pizza." As I spoke to him, I opened up the menu heading back over to where he was sitting on the bed.

"If I ever have pizza I always order a plain cheese and tomato, with not too much cheese that it's too stringy, but enough cheese to make it cheesy as hell. Then I always get a few extra toppings - onions for the crunchiness, olives for the saltiness and bell peppers so that the green makes it feel healthy."

Carson cracked a smile at the last part, nodding his head as he listened.

"What's the best pizza you've ever had?" Turning my head to look me, I gave him a frown, unsure of what exactly he was asking me. "Um...I don't know maybe Pizza Hut?"

"What the hell? Really? You've lived in New York for three years and Pizza Hut is the best you've had?"

"Why is that so bad?" Averting my gaze away from him, I started looking through the room service menu. "Because there's so many better places."

"Well I haven't been to many, Ayden always chose where we ate and he didn't like pizza." Although I said the words absentmindedly, as soon as Carson fell silent I realised what I'd just said.

"Carson I'm sorry, I shouldn't haven't brought him up." He was staring at the floor with a hard gaze until he eventually turned to look at me. "You don't have to be sorry Dani, he's part of your past whether I like it or not. You shouldn't have to stop talking about yourself and your past just because of that motherf-...idiot. I want to know everything about you, so just tell me, even if you have to mention him."

Turning my attention away from the menu that was now resting on my lap, I tilted my head to side as I looked at him, giving him a smile which only widened when he stopped himself from cursing.

At least he was trying for me.

"Are you this cute with everyone?"

"No, just you. I can't help it when I'm with you." Honestly his response surprised me, I expected him to be the type of guy to say 'don't call me cute, I'm not cute'. The fact he admitted it just made him even cuter.

This time when we had one of our little moments of staring, I felt this overwhelming feeling of emotion towards him. I couldn't exactly pin point what it was, I just knew my feelings towards him were becoming stronger and stronger by the second.