Bonus Chapter - I Can't Tell You

Just to clarify, this is three years after the epilogue ❤️

I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment

3 Years Later

"Thank you so much, Giana." Carefully handing my three year old daughter to Giana, I gave her a grateful smile as she took her.

"Oh you know is my pleasure. I still say, why did you wait until Nessa was born to ask me to babysit?"

"Giana we always go over this, it wasn't your job to babysit my children." Stepping away from her I was busy straightening out my clothes while Nessa watched me with curious eyes.

She was sometimes so quiet around other people, instead taking the time to just analyse everything. Other times she was loud and energetic, it just depended on her mood.

"Daniela, I love your children like my own and I loved being your babysitter. You can ask me anytime." Nodding my head, I gave her a smile when I saw nothing but honesty in her eyes.

When Nessa was born three years ago, it was safe to say that Carson and I were right when we wanted to stop at three children.

It was total chaos.

Poppy hated Nessa which was definitely something neither of us saw coming. For at least six months after she was born, Poppy got annoyed whenever we spent time with Nessa or whenever we gave her more attention.

So while Nessa was crying during the night when she needed a feed or a diaper change, Poppy would be throwing a tantrum next to us to take the attention away from her little sister.

She was only 20 months old when Nessa was born and yet she hated her little sister with a passion.

On top of that, Dalton was still only four and a handful to look after, that was without considering six year old Tyler in all of this who also needed our attention.

Within a week I was an emotional mess all the time which meant Carson had to figure how to get us some help since he also needed to work.

That was how Giana ended up become our baby sitter for a year.

Even when we only had three children I never considered asking her to help us with the children because she was a chef for the mafia and it wasn't her job to take care of our children. I guess we would have asked one of our parents to come and stay with us, especially after I had Nessa and I couldn't take care of the children for a few days.

But our children didn't have any grandparents left and all Carson's friends were parents to their own children. Even my sister had three children, she couldn't drop everything to come and take care of mine.

So we just struggled and got through it until Nessa was born and it all became too much. Then Carson finally asked Giana who had apparently been waiting for him to ask ever since Tyler was born.

She was the only parental figure either of us had left, so she was the only one he could ask when we were desperate.

She came to our house every weekday for a year to help me take care of the children while Carson was at work and she even watched them for some evenings so we could go out together on a date night.