Chapter 16: Our Secret III

A burning flame swirled inside my chest as I made my way to Li Runze's home. Xiao Yan prepared the carriage just when I left. My anger was too ferocious to sit patiently inside a carriage. Thus, I was running, fuming. Runze's manor was in the opposite district, across the city. About 30 minutes on foot, I was out of breath and dragging my feet. 

"Young Master, please get on the carriage. We've been going at your pace for awhile now. We're blocking the street..." Xiao Yang pleaded from the window.

"Fine." I walked over to the carriage, and Xiao Yang pulled me up. Sitting down, I tried to hold onto the anger, so when I unleashed my wrath upon Runze's beautiful face, he would know I wasn't one to be messed with. 

Within minutes, we arrived. Xiao Yang opened the carriage doors and I immediately hopped off. Observing the front door of Runze's Manor, I could observe that his wealth was no joke. His parents left him a fortune, and he was able to monopolize the riches into more riches. He owned all the big businesses here in capitol city when it came to food, clothing, jewelry while supplying resources to the other businesses. 

I stomped to the opened door and was about to enter when two guards from inside stepped out and blocked my way.

"Lord Li is not accepting guests. Please leave," one of them said. 

Crossing my arms, I glared at them. "Tell your Lord that Young Master Hong needs to speak with him."

"Young Master Hong, you are forbidden to enter Lord Li's Manor," the other said with contempt. 

"You dare deny a member of the royal family?" I tried to pull rank to intimidate them, but they didn't budge. 

"Please leave. If you do not... We've warned you."

Oh wow! They really are going to fight me! These NPCs are ruthless! 

"B-- Bring it on then!" I nervously get into a fighting stance, mimicking a boxing style. 

I didn't really want to cause a messy havoc right at Runze's front steps, but it looks like I don't have a choice!

"Let him in," Runze's voice reached all of us from inside the large courtyard. 

"Yes, my Lord." The two guards bowed to him and stepped aside for me to enter. I clucked my tongue at them and hurried after Runze.

With hands behind his back, he walked into the main hall. I looked up at the glass chandelier on the ceiling. It glistened like ocean waves. The main hall is entirely decorated like something out of a luxurious medieval castle. The color of jade is illustrated on the carpet with lifelike portraits hanging on the walls. 

"Runze, what is the meaning of this expedition? Are you really trying to twist my arm to serve you? Hong Liumeng has never left this country!"

In the original novel, Liu Ying and Li Runze left on this expedition together. Through an unexpected life and death experience, they become closer. This is also where the 5th Prince will fall in love with Liu Ying. Her identity will be revealed. After their return, the 5th Prince ascends to his Crown Prince status. Hong Liumeng was supposed to await their arrival and kidnap Liu Ying. 

Being on this expedition without room to hide my identity, I'll surely be found out!

He turned around with a smug expression and sly smile. "Didn't I say you'll become my servant one way or another?"

I grabbed him by his collar, pushing him onto the table behind. "Li Runze, you scoundrel!" 

"Now, this is the Hong Liumeng I've known all these years. Brutal force when he doesn't get his way." He laughed in my face, enjoying my struggle in this rat race. He knew Hong Liumeng's secret and wanted to use it to hurt me. He was no longer the romantic, modern Tang Dynasty businessman, he was not in character anymore!