Chapter 6: A Home

Pinching the sides of Runze's tight armor, I tried not to touch his body as I held on. Although he was directing the horse to move slower than a tortoise, I was still afraid of slipping off. The horse's strides cause me to bounce back and forth, pressing my chest up against Runze's back many times. I really hoped he did not feel the two swelling buns, which I tried to suppress with layers of bandages. 

Xiao Yang ran hurriedly toward us. "Young Master, what happened? Why did your horse come back without you? I was so worried. 5th Prince is very concerned."

I glared at the back of Runze's head. It's his fault, of course! This time they can't blame me!

"And why are... you riding with him?" Xiao Yang's face distorted from concern to repulsion.

Xiao Yang didn't even bother to appropriately address Runze. It's obvious Hong Liumeng don't care to correct his servants' behaviors when they spoke ill of Runze, he probably encouraged it!

"Xiao Yang, you should be addressing him as Li-- Li Gongzi," I weakly lectured.

Surprised by my light scolding, Xiao Yang showed me a puppy face. "Young-- Young Master?"

Runze hopped off the horse. His facial expression is stone cold and raised his hand. "Get off."

"Ah." Slowly maneuvering my right leg over the horse, I wasn't in a hurry to grab his hand to jump. After all, my left ankle wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.

Sighing, Runze could no longer wait for me. He cupped his hands under my armpits and gently placed me on the ground. 

"Ack!" I wasn't ready for him to touch me! Clearing my throat, I say, "Thanks."

He led the horse away without another word. 

I find him so intolerable! 

"Xiao Yang."

"Yes, Young Master?"

"Help me back to my tent."

"Yes."

Today was the last day of the Royal Hunt. Luckily, Liu Hongmeng was able to take back home a few trophies. He hunted rather well before I got here. I worried that this Father of mine would be displeased if I didn't bring back anything. I hated hunting back in the modern world! But here, it was a sign of success and skill. 

"Ow! Ow! It hurts!" I screamed while Physician massaged my ankle.

"It's only a small sprain, don't exaggerate," he chided.

"Who in the world likes pain?! Grunting can help ease the mind!" I argued back.

"You've been hurting yourself too much these days. Won't you let me have some rest?"

"If I don't get hurt wouldn't you be having it too easy?"

He didn't respond and turned away. "You cannot be reckless when you go back home."

The thought of going back "home." I didn't remember anything about Hong Liumeng's home. Surviving a few days in the wilderness for the Royal Hunt is one thing. Trying to impersonate the Young Master of Lord Hong Xuan's residence for life would be nearly impossible.

I was getting nervous about returning. 

"Physician Huang? Is it a good time to talk about my... You know head condition?" I asked.

Staring from the corner of his eyes, he nodded.

I started whispering, "You know how I can't remember anything from my past? I'm worried about going home and not even recognizing my own mother. Right now, we can't do much to make my memories return. Therefore, it would be best if you can educate me on about my relationships to others. Who I can trust, who I musn't."