Chapter 13: Truth Serum III

Dragging myself outside, I felt the blaring shine of the summer sun but also the curious eyes of the townspeople. I moved, half dead, disjointedly with no strength. Attempting to go home in this state would render me to live on the streets due to fatigue. A carriage then pulled up in front. I look at the driver, hoping to see Xiao Yan sitting with him.

He stepped down and Runze pulled the entrance curtains open. He looked down at me and says, "Get on. I'll take you back."

"Really?" I mustered enough energy to ask.

He didn't respond and disappeared back inside. Not even hesitating, I stepped on the carriage step and holstered myself up. Quickly situating inside, I closed my eyes and let out a breath of relief.

I don't have to walk back, thank goodness.

The sound of the reign is shook and metal pieces clattered. Loud hooves pounded the ground, and the carriage sets off.

Wait a minute... why is Runze being so odd?

He was sitting in the middle seat, his eyes looking down. I glanced at him from the side of my eyes, trying to not disturb him. Noticing my gaze, he returned the stare until I looked away.

"Hey, Runze. What happened last night? Did I say something stupid?"

He sighed, "You did."

"What-- What did I say?" I turned to him, my hands gripping at my sides. I could feel the sweat accumulating down my back.

He leaned forward, invading my space. He blinked once slowly before stirring a whirlwind in my heart when he passionately peered into my soul.

"Bai Miaoyu."

Huh?! He's calling my real name...

"You played drinking games with his highness, sang a strange song, and took off your clothes."

"I don't remember doing that..."

Don't tell me he figured it out? And taking off my clothes?! What in the hell?!

Lips curved, eyebrows raised. He was enjoying this. "From this day on, you will listen to everything I say, do as I say. Understand?"

"For what reason?! Runze, don't go too far!"

"That's what friends do for one another, am I wrong?" He sat back in his seat and crossed his arms.

Friends? What is he talking about?

I suddenly recalled. I faintly remembered promising him that I would try to be his friend. Even so, this level of obsession was a bit crazy!

"W-- We can't be friends. You hate me!"

"That is true. I don't really believe you have it in you to amend for your wrongdoings. For the most part, I've gotten over it. But the opportunity to cause chaos and wreck your life is gratifying to me."

"Runze, you... You really aren't the upstanding young man you've been written to be."

Quickly reaching over, he grabbed a hold of my wrist. "You have no right to criticize my conduct, Hong Liumeng. The way you've behaved all your life is enough to banish you to the darkest depths of Hell."

That's harsh.

My other hand attempted to break off his hold. Of course, his martial arts was much more efficient than mine, and he swiftly blocked. Unexpectedly, the carriage went over a bump, perhaps something dropped on the pavement.

I couldn't control the movement of being thwarted onto the carriage floor. Runze pulled my arm and my knees landed on the wooden surface while my upper body fell on his lap.