Chapter 12: Truth Serum II

"Ugh. My head..."

I felt nauseous. The urge to hurl became increasingly strong.

"Bucket.... Bucket!" Placing my hand over my mouth, I rose from the bed with eyes searching.

Suddenly, a wooden bucket landed in front of my face. I quickly grabbed a hold of it and let out all the toxins from last night.

I wiped my mouth with my sleeve. Attempting to open my eyes wider, I hated the bright lights coming in from the windows. Covering my eyes, I fell back on the bed.

"It's too bright in here..." I moaned.

Looking up from the bed in a fetal position, I made out a figure pulling the sheer curtains closed.

"Xiao Yang? Is that you?" I asked lying back down to rest. "Can you get me some water? So thirsty."

My throat was craving water after purging everything from yesterday night. The cool ceramic cup touched my cheek. Using my hands to grip, I felt he warmth of a person's long fingers. Placing the cup to my lips, I swallowed gently as to not disturb the burning in my throat.

Glancing up at who I assumed to be Xiao Yang, my vision was cleared and I was shocked to see the last person I wanted exposed to my hung over state.

"Runze?!" I yelled, pulling the covers up to my chest. "What are you doing here?!"

He stared at me like I was absurd. "Think about what you're doing here."

"I-- How would I know?! I got so drunk yesterday..."

"I thought you were dying."

"What?!"

"It's passed noon, and you never woke. I didn't think your intolerance of alcohol was this bad."

"You--" I felt it again. Something was coming up my chest, wanting to crawl out my throat. "Look away, Runze! Look away!"

He rolled his eyes and did as I ordered by turning around.

I grabbed the bucket and let out the waste with the most disgusting sounds. Sighing, I placed the bucket back down on the floor.

"I didn't want you to see me like this," I cried.

I'm so embarrassed.

"Lucky for you my opinion of you couldn't get any lower," he said over his shoulder.

Dick.

"Where's my royal cousin?" I looked around the room.

Runze turned to face me and said, "He left this morning while you were still sleeping."

"I see..."

Averting his judgemental gaze, I stare at the ground and the atmosphere in the room got chillingly thick with awkwardness.

"You'll feel better after a bath." He broke the silence.

"Huh?"

"Wen Lu is preparing the bath for you in the room next door."

"Oh..."

Can I really get undressed here? What if I'm compromised?

"Go ahead. Wen Lu has prepared some clothes for you to change into. I'm sure Lord Hong will not appreciate you returning home smelling of liquor and vomit."

"Hey..."

"I'm leaving." He exited the room and shut the door behind him.

What was he doing here anyways? I thought he couldn't stand Hong Liumeng?