Chapter 7: A Home II

"Ow. It hurts." With every step I took, my body shivered in pain. Xiao Yang had his arms looped around my right arm and was escorting me to my room after a night of kneeling.

"She's so ruthless. What for?" I complained.

"Young Master, please do not be angry. Madam is only thinking about your future stability. I've prepared a warm bath for you. Please take some time to relax."

"Ah, thank you, Xiao Yang. Honestly, a nice warm bath is what I really need right now."

He guided me all the way to what seemed to be my chambers. It was located far from my parents' living quarters. They live far from one another as well. I could just tell there was no affection between the two. Obviously, the marriage was because of political reasons with no love to warm the link between us three.

"You may leave," I said to Xiao Yang. He bows and leaves out the main doors.

I'm really getting used to being a Young Master!

I entered the separate bathing room around the corner to my bed chambers. Xiao Yang had already laid out new clothes for me to wear.

Taking the layers off me, I unwound the bandages around my chest.

I can breath freely now~

Behind the white screen painted with pale cherry blossoms, I was eager to step into the wooden tub of steaming water. Dipping my toe in, I recoiled my feet from the hot water. Slowly, I enter every bit of my body and let out a long sigh.

"Finally, I can take a bath and just relax."

I looked up at the ceiling, feeling the warmth of the water soothing all the aches from within.

"What am I even doing here?" I said out loud. "What is the purpose of becoming Hong Liumeng and not Liu Ying?"

Do Hong Liumeng want me to avenge him for being exiled? Why am I suddenly in this world? Maybe my mission is to ensure the two main characters end up together? Apart? Agh! My brain hurts thinking about all this existential nonsense!

I start washing my body, observing the curves of Hong Liumeng's sides and chest. Although I still had my same face, I could see that Hong Liumeng's body was pretty fit. Must had been from all that martial arts training.

Cupping my breasts, I try to estimate the measurements.

No way! Did I go up another cup?! No wonder it's so suffocating when I bind my chest area. I mustn't trash this body ! 

"Does everyone really believe I'm a man? It's a bit insulting..." 

Physician Huang was assigned to care for Hong Liumeng closely ever since he was a child. Apparently there was complications with the Madam's pregnancy, and Hong Liumeng was born prematurely. He was then a weak infant on the verge of dying up until turning age 4.

From that moment on, he suddenly started to come back around health wise. I assumed it was because of his illness since birth that people bought the idea that she was actually a he.

Hong Liumeng was much shorter than most of the young men his age. I was still my own height when I transmigrated to his body. Essentially everything about my appearance was the same except that I had finally inherited a flat stomach and gained stronger muscles.

After spending a good amount of time cleansing thoroughly, I stepped out of the bath and put on the dreaded binding cloth then wore the clothes Xiao Yan placed on the bench. It was still early in the day, and I just wanted to get some sleep. I was ruthlessly punished by Madam all night just as soon as I got home from a terrifying, pain inducing hunting trip.