Chapter 5: Memories

Chapter 5: Memories

"We've All Lost Something, And I've Seen What Loss Can Do To People. But If We Gave Up Every Time We Lost, Then We'd Never Be Able To Move Forward." - Ruby Rose.

Two years had pass since Surveyor's reawakening and not much had changed. Young Ruby was finally allowed to attend Signal Academy with her sister with her attire barely changing.

Instead of the black dress and boots, she had decided to wear a more gothic version of her outfit, she was wearing a black long-sleeved blouse.

Over which is a black waist cincher with red lacing up the front, and a matching skirt with red lining. She also wearing a pair of thick black stockings and black combat boots with red laces, red trims around the top, and red soles.

Her outfit is topped by a red hooded cloak fastened to her shoulders by cross-shaped pins. Her emblem appears as a large silver buckle on her wide black belt, which is slung around her hips on an angle. Attached to her belt are a pocket and a row of bullets.

Ruby's cloak was fastened at her throat and a large silver rose is pinned to her belt

While Yang decided to go for a new look alongside her sister. She officially wore a tan jacket that bared her midriff, puffy sleeves with black cuffs that feature two gold buttons.

Underneath this, she was wearing a low cut yellow crop top with her emblem on the left breast in black. She was also wearing a brown belt covered by a pleated brown piece of material reaching from hip to hip.

Although with some time and fighting from her dad she was wearing a pair of black mini-shorts. With brown, knee-high boots and orange over-the-knee socks.

A gray bandanna is seen tied around her left knee, and in Yang's opinion all that was left was an orange infinity scarf and black fingerless gloves to complete her outfit.

Yet with all of these change of clothes when it came to Ruby and her headgear it had changed drastically, instead of the steampunk goggles she wore everywhere. Until recently it got an upgrade in the form of the latest Atlas tech.

With some connections her Uncle Qrow had decided to give it to her niece as a gift

With some connections her Uncle Qrow had decided to give it to her niece as a gift. Not only was it able to magnify and see in the dark like her last pair, but it was able to scan stuff and identify.

Of course you had to have scanned something and register it to a log in the goggles which at the moment wasn't very much, but to Ruby it was the best birthday gift ever. Especially since her journey for Surveyor's parts were made that much easier.