Side Story: (Cabal) Spoils of War

"Okay, my Ghost keeps tagging these Cabal as "Red Legion", Ikora, what do you got?"

"They're elite. Ruthless. And rumor is, they've never known defeat!"

— Cayde-6 to Ikora Rey, during the beginning of the Red War.

Alternate title: (Cabal) Takeover Pt. 2

"So tell me, Hugo, what exactly went down there at the SDC Mining Facility. How could you have know this...Red Legion was it? Would attack it."

"My Ghost has given you all the details, has he not?" The Warlock told his interrogator as he spoke in a suave French Accent, undisturbed by their glare. 

"That's another thing I don't get? Ghosts, Guardians, The Cabal and everything else we "need" to know. But there's still more you're not telling me."

Hugo's Ghost materializes out of his body, "Please, I assure you all that you need to know and more is what I gave you, but..."

"But what? It's obvious that we need to know exactly more than what you're giving here. Based on these reports, both from eyewitness accounts and my own soldiers investigations. There are more questions then there are answers."

"And I keep telling you, you'll get your answers in time when I'm certain I have all the information ready to give. Because if I give it to you all now then chances are something will get it first, and we don't need that right now."

The interrogator leans back in their chair and sighs, "And he we are back to square one. Look, General Ironwood of the Atlas Military is currently away and it falls to me to take care of...whatever this is."

The interrogator would say as they gesture to the papers in front of them, many reports detailing the events of the "SDC Liberation Movement". An event called as such from both the Faunus Workers and Atlas Soldiers that were stationed there, "Finally free from "Cabal" Tyranny" some would say.

"Okay...how about this, since we don't have much time here let's start and finish with...This one." Hugo sees the Interrogator pick up on of the many reports and organizes them from bottom up, last to first.

"This comes from the point of view of one Private William Green, an Atlas Soldier known for his poor performance as a "Soldier and a Capable Human Being". The words of his former Staff Sergeant Quinten Ebony by the way, not mine. Who is now currently deceased. One of the many lives lost during the initial attack."

Hugo rolls his eyes as this wasn't the first time he's heard this report, not only that but he had already read it three times over due to Chi's (His Ghost) insistence.

Despite this, he still listens aptly to make sure not a single detail was missed.

It was during the Grimm Attack when all of our attention was focused entirely on them. We shot towards the smaller Nevermores with our own guns while our Anti-Air weaponry focused on the giant ones, sometimes they'd take aim at the bigger Grimm on the ground as well.

Our turrets were also aimed towards the Grimm that was coming from the ground, trying to climb up the giant wall that separated the Mine/Faunus Community and the outside.

Of course a large Explosion could be heard and for a second we thought it was one of the Ant-Air Guns shooting, or a turret being destroyed, but then someone pointed out smoke from behind us.

What we could all see was a giant hole in the wall, big enough for a large group of people or Grimm to walk through. Since the Grimm were coming from the East, that Explosion broke through the West side of the wall.