Chapter 22: The Inevitable

"Embrace it. Believe you can handle it. Believe that you'll be ok." - Maria Shriver

Bang!!

The first shot made was from Ruby who targeted the Fallen Grimm, shot after shot, each bullet penetrated and killed their target. The Reaver Vandal was shooting as well with his own weapon, although it wasn't instantly killing when compared to Ruby's.

When the Fallen Grimm got to close for comfort Ruby charged forward, Crescent Rose in its Scythe mode, she quickly and expertly dispatched each and every Grimm.

With one quick and heavy slash every Grimm Dreg and Vandal would be bisected, cleaved, and occasionally shot down.

While unknown to her, she was being watched by not only Jaune, amazed at her skill, but by the Fallen Deserters as well. The Captain and Reaver Vandal in awe at such power that she held.

With the rest having mixed views, after all she was still a human. A Human that is fighting against the beasts and to protect them if the few Fallen that understood human language said was correct.

Some would say that she was being a hero fighting these Beasts of Darkness, while others were scared based on the fact she could move and kill like this so well, so much so it often reminded them of the Last City's Light bearers, but more elegant in a way.

But ultimately it seemed that it would be fine, after all a Servitor had chosen her, what it chose her for none could understand, but that was acceptable to the Fallen Deserters.

And if she was chosen, then maybe this scraggly blonde one was as well. Only time will tell, after all Jaune wasn't the only one protecting the Fallen from the new Grimm species.

The Fallen Grimm tried to fight back as much as they could but they weren't progressing at all, some roared for help from their Grimm Kell. And it allowed it some, with an unknown mastery over its power it commanded regular Grimm to join in the fight, coming at a different angle.

These were only regular humans, why should he send in the big guns if they couldn't handle the rank and file units of his army. The Grimm Kell chuckled at his plan, one way or another he will get his army, and the deserters shall die for it.

Back at the clearing with Ruby taking care a good majority of the Fallen Grimm, The Captain, The Reaver Vandal and Jaune were fighting the ones who got passed her.

The Reaver shot and killed any Grimm who got near, the Captain slashed, hacked, and stabbed any fool who dare get near the Fallen group.

As for Jaune, he prepared for any attack that might come at him or the Fallen Deserters, in fact some Fallen Grimm were close to hurting the Deserters.

So close in fact that a Dreg Grimm just about clawed at a Fallen Mother and her children, if it weren't for Jaune to stand between the two with his shield, and after the successful block with all of his might he slashed at the Grimm and killed it.

The Mother was very relieved at Jaune, and bowed her head while speaking in Eliksni, saying that she was very thankful for his help.

Jaune not knowing what to say, nodded his head and ran around seeing more Fallen Grimm coming back and being quick. Jaune had earned the Fallen Deserters respect.

"Grahh! These Grimm never end! How many did he convert!" The Captain yelled as he killed another Vandal Grimm.