Ch. 36: D.D. Revelations

Chapter 36: D.D. Revelations

Alternate title: Dance, Dance, Revelation.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Alphonse Karr

As students converse with each other, dates and friends alike. Classical music plays for all, many waltzing to the tune.

Balloons and fancy lights are scattered around the place, with even the Professors enjoying each others company with jokes and stories being told to each other.

At one point even the Atlas General, James Ironwood had asked Glynda Goodwitch to a dance, which while she rolled her eyes had still accepted his hand.

As all this goes on Ruby stands around the punch bowl, watching and observing everyone joining the dance. Suddenly Jaune Arc slides up next to her. "I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too."

"Eee-Yep." Was her response, "To the socially awkward." Jaune says moving his cup to clink with hers. "Sorry thinks didn't work out with Weiss...Or me." Ruby quickly said with the last part.

"Eh, it's fine. There are more important things to worry about anyway, and besides I'm sure Weiss went with somebody else." He said.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked.

"I don't know, Weiss was obviously interested in someone else if she was rejecting me right?"

Ruby looked around wondering just who the person could be, until her eyes landed on Neptune. "Oh that's right! Weiss did ask Neptune."

"See? He's pretty cool, I can see why she went with him." Jaune mentioned. "But she didn't. Weiss came to the dance alone."

"Wait what? Why?" A confused Jaune asked.

"I don't know, she just said that she had too much to do to focus on boys. Even when she said she asked him out." Ruby explained, as the two could see Weiss at a distance tending to a bent flower but failing.

When Weiss looked up they both could see Neptune laughing with Sun and Blake each enjoying their own company, Jaune asked a question. "Ruby, would you say Weiss likes Neptune, like really really likes?"

Ruby thought on it, but nodded, "Yeah, she wouldn't stop talking about him for awhile at one point." Jaune nodded and gave a determined look. "Hold my punch." He said, giving Ruby his punch cup.

Seeing him walk off, his punch in her hand she drank from it figuring he wouldn't be back for long time.

Going through the crowd, Jaune gently pushed a few away, trying to make his way to Neptune, but stopped as he saw his partner Pyrrha pass by him, her going up stairs.

Having a slight dilemma on talking to who, Jaune still followed Pyrrha, until eventually she stopped on the rail of an outside balcony. Jaune
made himself known. "Hey Pyrrha!"

Seeing who it was, she smiled, "Hello Jaune."

"Y-you okay? I haven't seen you at all tonight." Jaune said walking to her. "Arrived late I'm afraid." She explained.

"You... Look very nice."

"Thank you." Pyrrha politely said.

"You're uhh... Date isn't going to beat me up for saying that is he?" Jaune joked.

With a from Pyrrha replied, "I think you're safe for tonight."

"So! Where is the guy?" Jaune awkwardly said, honestly curious about who his partners date could be.