Chapter 19

Chapter 19: New Hope

"The Future is as bright as your faith." - Thomas S. Monson

(A/N: Extra Long Chapter today, Let's Go!)

Jaune Arc, as he attended Beacon Academy it could be and would be said that he...was severely lacking.

His skills as a fighter, his attitude towards Grimm, even his weapon which was just a sword and shield. The shields only transformation being that of a sheath that was for the sword.

Jaune Arc was behind in his classes, he seemed to be distant despite being his teams own leader, everything about him was off.

Especially for a student in Beacon Academy, let alone a leader of a team. So it was with a heavy heart that Jaune Arc had decided he had enough.

When Pyrrha had took Jaune to the rooftop of the school she had tried to help and train him. But it was revealed that Jaune wasn't actually accepted.

Jaune had gotten in with false transcripts, it was that he wanted to "get in because he wanted more than anything to be a warrior like his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather before him".

Pyrrha tried to help, she really did but, Jaune wouldn't have it, he snapped at her telling her he needs to do it himself.

Jaune's partner understood, but was very hurt because of it so she decided to let him be like he asked, and soon after Cardin Winchester, who overheard the entire conversation decided to let himself be known.

Finally having a chance to get back at both teams he decided to blackmail Jaune, and made him do whatever he said in exchange for keeping such a serious secret.

Another day passes, another day classes were finally completed, night befell Beacon Academy and Pyrrha Nikos finds herself looking out her dorm's window, watching the night sky.

"How come Jaune comes home so late?" Nora asks as she jumps on her bed.

"He's become rather scarce ever since he's been fraternizing with Cardin." Was Ren's answer as he was tending to his weapons.

"That's weird, doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!" Nora says jumping as she finally flips on to her bed.

"I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing." Pyrrha says a little angrily, looking out the window all the while.

"Hmmm...I guess so..." Nora said sadly.

That was all Jaune would hear before he closes the door to his room, not wanting to face them.

"Hey Jaune!"

Startled Jaune turns around and finds Ruby Rose talking to him while in her Rose themes pajamas, with a Grimm Sleep mask on her head replacing her googles for the time being.

"Long time no see! Did you lock yourself out again?" She asked curiously.

"Oh... Uh... Nope! Heh, got it!" Jaune replied, holding up his scroll showing he did have his dorm key. Imagine the blond boy's surprise when he found it could act as a key.

"So... Where have you been lately?"

"I uhh..." Jaune thought for a bit, what excuse would help him here exactly?

For the past days Cardin had him as his own servant, making him do this or that so that he wouldn't rat him out.

Because of this it's getting harder and harder for him to even be there for his team. His team...his friends even...Jaune finally made a decision.