Chapter 2: Waking Light

"A floating light, a sleepless eye. Their hope, their faith, their sustenance."
— Servitor Grimoire description.

Days pass when Ruby found her new friend, the big nameless round ball. At the moment Ruby is seen digging a small trench around the metal object.

Stopping for a quick sec, she wipes some sweat off of her and continues digging with the small trowel she held in her hands.

Happy with all of the free time she has right now, she thinks how her sister is doing. "Ever since mom died dad's been really sad, even Yang and she still has to go to school...But I wonder where Uncle Qrow is?" The young girl thinks.

One thing not know to most people was that as a kid like Yang she has to go to a regular school. After awhile with their parents permission they could go to a combat school, and be ready to join any Huntsman Academy and become huntsman.

"Dad says he can train Yang when she's ready, she wants to be a Huntsman like Mom and Dad. When I'm older, I'll be a Huntsman too!" Ruby says happily as she talks to her metal friend, still digging around.

After awhile she's hears some words out in the distance. "Ruby! It's time for dinner!" Is what the young girl hears. "Oh! That must be Yang. Sorry! But I gotta go, I'll be back tomorrow!" Quickly grabbing the blanket of grass next to her she flings it over her friend and runs away back to her house.

Under the small blanket what Ruby didn't see was that her metallic friend's eye suddenly flashed purple, as if trying and only taking in a small amount of new information for later. "RUBY" thinks the bot before shutting down.

An hour later Ruby and her sister Yang Xiao-Long are at their kitchens table eating dinner, earlier before Taiyang takes his food into the living room, wanting to be alone for a bit.

Seeing her father in obvious emotional pain with no way to help, Yang ends up poking her food with a fork and looks to her sister, who is writing in her journal with crayons.

What she is really glad to see is that with a childish look of concentration Her sister is smiling wide while drawing in her blank coloring book. Wonder what she is up to she asks her sister what's she working on.

Ruby jumps and smiles at Yang, "Yang! You won't believe it, I made a new friend!"
With a raised eyebrow Yang asks who this friend is, especially considering that Ruby isn't allowed to go far from the house and the town is a bit of a distance away.

Ruby, looks around, at her dad and leans towards her sister with a hushed voice. "Promise you won't tell anyone?" Yang now curious she reply's.

"Promise."

Ruby smiles and shows Yang what she was coloring, it was a crude drawing something a young kid like Ruby would draw, you could see Ruby holding a poorly drawn weapon, next to a big round circle, with a smaller circle in it colored grey.

"What's that?"

"He! Is a..." Ruby blanks for a moment before finishing her sentence with a smile, "He's my friend! I named him Circ-y!"

"Circ-y?" "Yeah, like a circle!"

Yang looks at her sister with a relieved expression and ruffles the younger sister's hair.
"Agh! Yang!"